23

*NOA

" things getting serious between you two?" My dad asked as I handed him a wrench. " Don't start."

He put his hands up in defense. " hey, just asking." He smiles. " At least I'm getting some old man, where's your woman?" I smirk.
" touché." He shook his head and turned back to my car.

" I really like her, I just don't want this phase to be a waste, for her to just back out in the end." Thank you mother for these issues.

" she won't hurt you, she's sweet, I can tell she likes you too, you should see the way she looks at you."

" How's that?"

" like you're the only person in the room."
....
I sat in-class writing in my notebook when Landon approached me. We were working on our projects with our partners and Libby was next to me, wondering why Landon was here too. " You know my girlfriend yeah?"

" who?" I ask still, looking back down at the project paper. " I've seen you talk to her in the parking lot from time to time." He put both of his hands on my desk and tried intimidating me. " are you trying to ask me something, out with it pretty boy?" I looked up at him, looking him directly in his eyes. " just wondering." He pushed himself up off the desk and walked away back to his seat.

" what was that about?" Libby asked me. "No idea."

.....
" everything will be fine," I say into my phone as I fold a piece of paper. " But why else would he have come up to you like that? He must know something."

I'm currently sitting outside on my porch while talking to Sophia on the phone. " Do you wanna stop this, before we get caught?"

There was silence on the other line. It made me worry because she's backed out before.

" Noa I...." She paused and I just stayed quiet, giving her a chance to talk. " I don't, but I don't know how much longer we can keep this a secret."

I fidgeted with my chain and twisted her ring in my fingers over and over. " I want to be with you Sophia, I know you might not be ready to feel the same way as me but if you're not sure then I think we should stop now, because...."

" No Noa I'm not leaving you, I promised.... I'll make sure Landon doesn't have any suspicions about us."

I'm afraid she'll do anything to make sure it doesn't come out, I don't want to be stuffed in the closet though.