27

*NOA

I'm staring at my beautiful repaired and restored car as my dad pulls it out the garage.
" You gonna take it for a spin kiddo?" My dad knows what happened, I tell him everything and especially since I came home balling my eyes out I pretty much had to tell him.

He knows I need this right now, especially tonight being prom night. He tossed me the keys and caught them by a inch and hopped in.

" Be back in ten don't over do it." He closes the door for me and smiles as I drive out the drive way. I blast the radio, cheering to myself as I am finally able to drive this beauty.

But my frown falters as I think about Sophia being in the seat next to me, singing along to the radio with me as we drive to another festival we find out of town. Maybe one we could be ourselves in without being afraid of getting caught.

Next thing I know I'm turning the car around and driving to the school.

It's 8 o'clock the prom just started, I still have time.

.....
I'm so out of my mind right now as I'm rushing into the prom, paying the $10 fee for a ticket and running in looking for her.

It doesn't take me long to find her, I see her light blue Cinderella dress in the dances spotlights. The crystals and bead along her dress make it look beautiful on her. Her hair is down and curly with a clip in it. God she's beautiful. And she's alone, I see Landon getting them punch at the snack table.

She spots me in seconds and she's immediately giving me a sorry smile. I know she feels bad for what Landon is doing but I don't care. I gesture her to follow me and I lead us to the parking lot with her 10 steps behind me.

She finds me and see the car behind me and then gasps. " you guys finished it?!"

I nodded holding my arms out for her, hoping she'll take it.
She immediately embraces me with a hard kiss on my mouth, I grab her cheeks keeping us balanced as our tongue swipe across each other.

" I love you." I say into her mouth. I say it over and over again until I realize she's crying.
I pull way and hold her waist close to me, I don't want her far away.

" what's wrong." I wipe her tears with a thumbs. She rubs her eyes and looks up at me, " I love you so much Noa...." I cut her off and kiss her again. " that's why I came here, after graduation I have enough money saved up I'm heading to New York...and I want you to come with me. This way we can be together without anyone objecting, it'll be just us." I grab her hands and kiss them, but she cries harder.

" Noa...." She sobs. " I can't."

I swear it felt like she was ripping my heart apart. I let her hands go and stare at her until she's talking again.

" I can't leave, I have a family and Landon...."

" Landon? He's done nothing but made our lives hell and you're staying for him?" I snap. "No I have plans of my own and I want to figure it out, and I want to be with you Noa I do because I love you and I don't ever want to hurt you but Landon's family is big around here I can't have him...."

I turn my head and look away from her because if I continue to look at her I'll cry.

" can't have him what? Fuck up your family's reputation? We'll welcome to my world Sophia, ever since people have found out I'm a lesbian they treat me like shit, everyone in this town, the student, the adults, even the priest. Did you know I was catholic, I can't even go into my own church without being ashamed, so I gave it up. I get called a dyke, carpet muncher, faggot and a lot worse shit than that Soph and I was willing to take even more of it because I want to be with you."

" I just want you to feel how I feel about you about me." I heard my voice get quiet and soft in a weird way.

Tears a running down my face at this point. I can barley look at her but I still do.

I take her hands again and kiss them again and again. " Please....don't leave me....you promised." I'm begging her, I can't afford another major loss like this, I can't.

This town has gave me hell. I just wanted to find my heaven in her.

" you're all I want."

" Sophia!" She looks back at Landon who is standing at the gyms doors furious.

And if there is a God out there right now I'm praying to him, or her or whoever the hell is listening that she doesn't walk back to him.

" Im so sorry Noa."

But she does.