A Fated Encounter?

The sun had already set and you decided to head outside to get some fresh air. At the beginning of the festivities your parents had introduced you to the nobles that had been questioning them. For the first time, your parents were treating you like they cared about you although you knew it was all an act.

You meant to spend more time with Yosuke, but he did come as a servant and actually had to work. So, all you could do was wait for him to find an opportunity to sneak out. Overall, this had been fairly boring. You remembered how much fun it had always been to participate in the festival which took place in the streets. Pretty much the only thing you had done here was waste time eating from the many different types of food, but you couldn't really keep that up.

Now, you looked up at the cloudy sky as you felt a cool breeze. However, something caught your eye. The path you were on led to a gazebo with a table inside. The table in it was covered with all sorts of papers and scrolls. Excitedly, you approached the table and after looking around for anyone, you sat down and picked up a scroll which you proceeded to read in the light of the surrounding candles.

You didn't have many chances to read at your house, so this was a wonderful chance for you. You had learned to read from a servant who was like a mother to you or at least what you thought a mother would be like. However, she was dismissed when you were nine and you never saw here after that.

Every now and then, as time passed, a few candles would go out from a strong breeze which would come by. As candles blew out eventually you didn't have enough light to make out the words on the scroll. So, you set the scroll down and laid you head against the table. You felt yourself nod off and didn't notice when you fell asleep. It seemed like seconds later you were awoken by a deep voice. "Are you alright?"

You shot your eyes open but couldn't tell who the silhouette was. You squinted and tried to make out something about the person. But the sky was covered with clouds so there was no light to help you.

"What are you doing here?" At his voice you stopped trying to see who he was.

"I, um..." In your still sleepy state of mind you tried to remember what you were doing there. "I-I came for the princess's wedding celebration."

"That already ended, the sun will be rising soon."

"Oh! I guess I must have fallen asleep while reading these scrolls." You thought out loud.

"You do know that those are important Kou Empire restricted documents."

"I didn't know they were restricted! I just saw them sitting here and without thinking anything about it I started reading. I'm sorry, please don't tell anyone."

His hand's silhouette moved towards the table. "...You enjoyed this? Most people wouldn't."

"Y-yes, it was very interesting. Whoever was reading this before me is probably a really great and smart person!"

"Is that so?"

"Yes, definitely!"

"..."

You waited for a reply. "Hey, are you still here?"

You could see his silhouette but still there was no reply. Before you could complain about him ignoring you, you heard your name being called out. You saw the person in front of you jerk up as if he had just woken up, but there was no way he had fallen asleep standing! You turned your attention to the familiar voice calling out for you.

"Yosuke!" You called back while getting up to find where he was. You felt the person from before grab you wrist. "Um, I have to go."

"Wait a min-" It was too late though, you had already yanked your arm away and started to speedily walk to were Yosuke was calling. You heard the person's footsteps behind you, nevertheless after making a few turns you lost him. You ran a little further and nearly ran right into Yosuke.