We Aren't Liars

Koumei brought you to his room and placed you on the bed. Without saying anything he went to his desk and started to work. You watched him and as time passed you realized the effects of the Galidavita were beginning to wear off. Looking around the room you saw that Koumei hadn't lit any incense in the room. It was possible that moving to his room was a better opportunity than staying in yours. Just as you thought about it, Koumei seemed to widen his eyes in realization as he looked over towards you.

Setting down what he was doing, he got up and lit an incense burner. You sighed, so he did remember. Right away, once you breathed in the burning smell your whole body lost any bit of strength it might have had. You looked over at Koumei who appeared to be completely unaffected. You assumed that he must have had an antidote for it or something that kept him immune to it.

When he finished lighting the incense, instead of sitting back at his desk he yawned and walked over towards the other side of the bed while blowing out any lamps left on. Without saying anything he began to take off his clothes. You closed your eyes, not wanting to see anything. After the rustling of cloth stopped you peeked through your eyelids to see that he was not completely undressed but still was wearing a zhongyi. You let out a sigh of relief at the white silk clothes which covered him as he slipped into the bed. He then pulled the blanket out from underneath you and put it on top of you before he wrapped his arms around your waist. Within seconds he was asleep as he began to pull you into an even tighter grip. Even if you could move, you doubted you would be able to escape his arms. You just stayed in his warm chest as you felt his breath on you.

Even with his soothing breathing you were, however, unable to fall asleep. You looked around the dark room which was lit up only from the moonlight which shone in through the window. Besides Koumei's breathing, the only thing that could be heard was the singing of crickets and the wind blowing in the trees outside. You stared at the ceiling as you hopelessly tried once more to move your body. You gave up your vain efforts and closed your eyes in hopes to fall asleep and bring the night to an end. However, even with your eyes closed you were completely wide awake. You let the night sounds fill your mind, until you heard a creaking sound pierce the music of the night.

Quickly, your eyes shot open. Through the door came a dark figure. As the person stepped into the moonlight, you recognized her as the maid who had been taking care of you these past few days. Quietly, but swiftly, she walked over to you. Then without saying anything she shoved something in your mouth which you swallowed, with the slight hope it was poison. However it wasn't and within seconds you felt your body grow lighter, freeing you from the invisible existence which held you down.

With the help of the maid you gently pried Koumei's now limp arms off you, then got up. The moment you placed your feet on the ground the coldness of the floor seemed to give even more energy. With some of your weight on the maid you both managed to silently escape the room.

Outside the door you looked up at her as you began to open your mouth for an explanation as to what was going on. Seeing you, she whispered, "not now, I'll explain everything later. For now just trust me. I'm not a liar."

Not a liar? Once again that phrase seemed so random to mention, just like in that paper... That's when you realized where you had heard her voice before. She had been that hooded lady that gave you the stupid advertisement paper. Even though you had no clue what was going on, you didn't have a care for your own safety, actually you hoped this would lead you to an opportunity to end your life. With that in mind you let her lead the way to some storage closet.

Once there, she opened the door and grabbed some clothes, before pushing you into the closet to change. In the darkness of the room you tried your best to put on what was given to you, but the clothes were so unfamiliar you couldn't tell what was what. After quite a while you thought you had it on right and decided to push open the closet door. As the light streamed in you looked down at the clothes and widened your eyes. "Why am I dressed like a boy?"