Page 04

CHAPTER FOUR.

-

You and Camilo stopped dancing to see the source of the sudden noise.

"Mirabel?" You called. Mirabel glanced at you then back at Abuela. "Th-the tiles were falling, and there were cracks everywhere!" She panicked.

"T-the candle almost went out!" You looked at Camilo in shock, he just shrugged.

"Show me." The whole town followed Mirabel to the front of the Casita.

You looked around. Nothing is out of place.. did she lie? You thought.

Mirabel started rambling about how the house was falling apart. Abuela whispered something to her, and she fell silent.

Abuela turned around, facing the crowd.

"There is nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal! The magic is strong!" She exclaimed. You held back a snort,

"And so are the drinks.." The townspeople laughed.

You can't help but believe in Mirabel. I've known her for 10 years.. she wouldn't lie to anyone.

"Hey Cariño, you coming?" Camilo asked. "I'll be right with you, Cami." The chameleon nodded, before going back inside Antonio's room.

You turned towards Mirabel, who was sitting on the bottom of the stairs.

You sighed, "Mirabel." you walked down the stairs, sitting beside her.

"I-I was telling the truth! The h-house was.." you glanced at her hand, it had a huge cut on it.

"Don't worry, I believe you." Her eyes widened as she looked back at you. "And whatever you're planning on doing with this whole situation, I'll help you." You smiled at her.

The two of you hugged, "Thank you, Y/N!" you patted her back. "I'm your best friend, I'll always support you." you let go of the hug.

"Your Mom is in the kitchen, let's go get your hand fixed." Mirabel nodded.

You two walked into the kitchen, seeing Julieta prepare some arepas. She glanced at you, then at Mirabel, sighing.

"What do you two need?" She asked. "Mirabel's hand is hurt." Mirabel showed the cut to her Mom.

Julieta frowned at it. "Alright, I'll prepare something for you, 'kay?" Mirabel just nodded.

"What about you, Y/N, do you need something?" She asked. You shook your head, "No, I'm good."

Mirabel sat on the counter.

Then, you heard someone clear their throat.

You turned towards the entrance of the kitchen. It was Catalina and Sebastían.

Julieta glanced at them, "Oh hello you two. Do you need something?" she asked.

"Oh no, we just came here to get Y/N." You raised an eyebrow. "Mamá says we need to go home." You replied with a nod.

You stood up, and turned towards Mirabel, "I'll see you tomorrow." Mirabel smiled.

"See you.. and thank you again!" She said. You said your goodbyes to Julieta before finally going home after a night's worth of festivities.

-

"Amor, are you sure you don't wanna eat?" Your mother asked. "No, I'm good, Mamá." She sighed, nodding.