Page 06

CHAPTER SIX.

-

Tonight is a disaster.

-

You had sat next to Mirabel, the both of you staring intently at Dolores, who was fidgeting with her glass of wine.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto." Abuela said to Señora Guzman (Who I don't the name of-). "Yes! Then let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster!" The two old women laughed.

"To a perfect night!" Abuela raised a toast.

"Avocado?" Mirabel's face suddenly got covered with a bowl of avocado, which distracted you, causing the two of you to look away from Dolores.

Shit. You glanced back at her, only to see her whispering to Camilo about the vision.

Camilo coughed, shapeshifting into Mirabel, you, and then Bruno, before shifting back to himself. Only for his face to be.. well, basically like a chameleon's face.

"Camilo, fix your face." Felix said. Camilo shooked his head to fix his face, looking at you with a concerned look.

You looked away, eating your food uncomfortably.

Mirabel's face was then covered by a pitcher of water. You immediately looked up, only to find Camilo whispering into his father's ear about.. you know already.

Felix suddenly spit some water out of his mouth at his son's words.

You looked at Camilo who nervously smiled. He made eye contact with you, mouthing a 'sorry' before turning back to his food, seemingly eating it for therapy and closure.

Abuela cleared her throat, "Uhm, Mirabel, the cream please.." Mirabel quickly asked her father for the cream, with Agústin shakily passing it to you, with you passing it to Mirabel, and so on.

You glanced at Felix and Pepa, but of course, Felix was already whispering to his wife. A huge cloud appeared.

You placed your hand on your forehead. Ay, ay, ay.. You mentally cried.

You didn't bother looking up anymore as Pepa was probably already whispering to her sister, Julieta.

Mirabel looked down on the floor, presumably finding cracks. She stuck her head under the table, hitting her head on it when Mariano asked if she was okay.

Agústin quickly covered for her, "Everything is great! She's just excited for you to propose. Which you should do as fast as you can." Aren't proposals supposed to be a surprise..? Unless, Isabela hates surprises.

"Uhh.. I was actually gonna..-" Mirabel cut Mariano off, "You were actually gonna. Great!" she moved Isabela's chair so Isabela can face Mariano, fixing her older sister's clothes.

You face palmed. "W-well, since everyone here has a talent, my Mariano wanted to begin with a song! Luisa!" Mariano's mother called out for the not-so-buff-at-the-moment woman.

"Could you bring over the piano?" Señora Guzman asked. Luisa's lips quivered, "O-okay.." she walked out of the dining room, her hands covering her face.

Mirabel quickly stood up, pushing Mariano off of his chair, and onto one knee.

Mariano pulled out a box with a ring it in, beginning with a speech.

You looked over at the other side of the table, noticing Dolores slightly frowning. She definitely has a crush on Mariano.