Page 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

-

Camilo Madrigal.

You're a flawed, shameless boy who cannot keep his mouth shut. A boy who does not know when or when not to speak.

You are the clown who scares everyone because of the makeup that you wear. The makeup that shadows the pain that you feel.

The pain that you feel when people give you those disgusted looks, scream at you, and tear you apart.

You are a clown. A clown who, like before, scares everyone. Everyone except me.

Everybody knows you. Of course they do. I wish they didn't. I wish they didn't think that you were just some troublemaker. Some freak show.

I wish they knew you as the cheerful, airheaded, colorful boy like I do. You're wonderful. You're a star.

I know you're hurting. Hurting at all the comments, the assumptions people make about you. They don't know you. They don't know you like I do.

They don't know the pain that you go through.

-

You sighed, tiredly, shutting the front door as you headed to what used to be a happy home, Casita.

A house where there would always be a rainbow circling around it. A house where your favorite people live, where Camilo lives.

Why am I here? What was the point? You asked yourself, doubtful and worried as you approached the glowing, green door, which seems to have lost some of it's light.

It's only been a couple of weeks.. Everything is wrong. Why did this have to happen. A tear quickly sheds from one of your eyes before you wipe it off, holding the remaining tears that threatened to fall.

I can't let this happen. Not again. Straightening your position in front of the door, knocking on its wooden surface.

Casita's doors open to let you in, giving you a sad wave.

There you saw what looked like a troubled Mirabel, running around and helping anyone and anything her eyes land on.

It took her a while to see you, but when she did, she was so overjoyed she jumped, and almost fell on her face.

She ran up to you in full speed you almost ran away from getting startled by her.

"Hi! Y/N! Welcome! Need help?! I'm so happy to see you!" You almost laughed. She was so overwhelmed she could not speak properly.

"Mirabel, you gotta take a breather. I mean, you've just started training and now you're this exhausted." You put your hands on both of her shoulders.

She sighs, "I know.. it's just that, Abuela's been expecting a lot from me since now I'm gonna be the new 'candleholder' when she retires, and I don't wanna disappoint her.. again."

You crossed your arms and looked at her with disbelief.

"You cannot let that woman treat you like this again. You had the same experience before, and you fixed it!" You said in frustration.

"You're mature, gift or no gift, you still exist and everyone should know how worthy and amazing you are! If your abuela still can't see that, then nothing changed at all from those last few weeks we've spent."

Mirabel was almost in tears. She quickly engulfed you in a tight hug, which you accepted gratefully.

"Thank you, Y/N.. y-you're amazing."