Chapter 4

Ranma's POV

I had to get out of here, I had to get my mind off of her.

Pain laced through me as I caught sight of the doctors jogging by, a body on a bed guarded by nurses. Akane. Commands were being shouted at one another, the heart monitor attached to her picking up.

"We need to hurry, we don't have much time!"

"Someone hand me my gloves. Hinoa, give me her reports!"

The younger lady named Hinoa came running up beside a man in a lap coat, his arms jutting back as someone came to help him out of it. Green covers and white gloves were shoved at him before the lady started to speak.

"Akane Saotome: Female, age 18. Her utereus-... Sir, her heart rates dropping dramatically...!"

Feet planted firmly on the ground, I watched in dismay as they disappeared behind large metal doors. A glowing, red EMERGENCY flared above the doors.

Once the slam of the doors reached my ears, the spell broke. More tears threatened to come out. It took everything I had in me to not break down once again.

5 hours. That's how long I would wait until I could see her. The doctor promised he'd try everything he could to save her, to beat the odds that nature had put against us.

Feet leading me down halls, I barely felt or heard the world around me. Body numb, I walked like I was lost. My hand gripping the pendent the doctor offered me. The one she dropped during child birth.

She would take it from it's place around her neck and squeeze it tightly in her time of need. The pure white heart framed with gold glistened while I stopped and nimbly held it to the light.

The memory replayed in my mind. The one where I found out the necklace I had given her on our wedding night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes glared at her with rage, my wounded heart getting swallowed up by my anger. How could she? She promised she'd never, ever take it off.

"Akane, what are you doing?"

My eyes stared straight at the pendent I spent so much time working for off of her neck and clasped in her small fist.

She looked up at me, tears streaming down her face. Her eyes puffy and red, it sent a shock of pain through me. I immediately softened.

"W...what's wrong? Did the ol' perv touch you again," I growled out lowly, kneeling beside her.

Shaking her head, she let out another  sob. My shirt hung over her small, hunched figure that the sleeves barely covered her hands. Which she had use as a tissue, to my distaste. Of course, I didn't say that. I had learned my lesson a few weeks ago.

Shoulder length blue hair pulled back in a sort of braid, I watched as she moved it from her back to her left shoulder. The simple action made me want to kiss her. She was so damn cute... uh...meant so uncute!

"I..I...it's just the horomones. D..Dr.Tofu explained to me..me it's normal," she whispered out, her unoccupied hand going behind her back and seemed to pat at something that lay under her.

Not paying attention to the slight movement, I gently pressed my large right hand to her cheek. My thumb brushed away her tears as my eyes were glued to hers. I could just get lost in those beautiful orbs...

Leaning down, I captured her lips with mine. The soft way her lips seemed to melt with mine always made me want to smile, her tongue coming out slowly and flicking my bottom lip. Growling playfully, I leaned further so she leaned back. Her small, warm hands came up and cupped the back of my neck so she could deepen the kiss.

Hearing a giggle come for her once I pulled away, I leaned down and pressed a quick kiss against her lips once more. She now sit slightly laid back, her hands holding her up as my head lay on her shoulder. Every once in a while I'd nip her neck.

". . . Hey Akane," I whispered, my hands laying on her hips.

"Yes honey?"

"You know . . . You're so uncute," I grinned.

A gasp fell from her lips, a light smack to my head sending me into a fit of laughter. Feeling her hands on my face once again, I turned so I faced her. Lips just a few centimeters away, I felt her mumble something before she kissed me deeply.

"Ranma, you jerk . . ."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the memory had gone, I found myself stopping in a dimly lit hallway. My hands fisted tightly, I looked up and spotted a clear glass window. Bright lights shone from it, cries imitating from it.

Making my way up to it, I wicked my pace once I caught sight of what we're in there. Hands pressed against the glass, I felt a limp form in my throat.

My twins . . . No, our twins lay peacefully in the middle of the room. The only babies with blue clothing, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

For once, I actually smirked. The grin felt foreign to my face. Watching them didn't help, it only grew wider as they yawned. Their tiny fists moving in different directions as they begun to fuss.

Taking notice of the small , patient bracelets around each of their left ankles, my heart sped up. Their names. The names Akane had picked out before hand.

She didn't want me to look, she wanted it to be a surprise once she found out that we were having twin boys. As much as it pained me, I allowed her to pick both their names, and promised I'd never ask until the day they were born.

Now here they are, only a glass separating us. Leaning my forehead against the window, I sighed.

I wanted to cherish the moment i first saw them, and never let it go. But my wishes fell on deaf ears, because what happened next would rip away this feeling.

"Mr. Saotome," the sounds of urgent footsteps notified me of someone else's presence. " The doctor shall see you now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hope you guys like it so far and will stay till the very end of this journey!

Also, i need help naming the twins! Please message me what names you think will fit the 2!

Thanks!

Love you all,
K.R