Chapter 5

Ranma's POV

Gulping physically, I nodded. Letting go of my slight grip on the window, I silently made a promise to come and get them once everything was ok.

Following the nurse down the corriders, I tried hard not to think of the worse. Maybe she died. Maybe there was no way they could help her and they had just lied to me.

Shaking my head, I considered punching a wall. It was very appealing, but I restrained myself. We don't need another building collapsing just because I was angry.

Damn... Akanes seriously starting to rub off on me.

Turning left, our families came into view. Nabiki and Kasumi were sitting together, their head close so they could hold a conversation. To the right of them, Pops and Soun staring at each other over and checker board they had brought. Might I add, they look pathetic.

Pops growled ,and without looking down, he moved his piece one up. Tendo huffed and did the same, not even seeing that it wasn't his own piece.

Coming up behind them, I shut my eyes and hit him hard in the head.

"You idiotic panda, what are you doing?!"

"Eh, beating Soun," he grinned.

"You idiot! He's been moving your pieces!"

Upon hearing this, Soun had gotten up, followed by Pops. Their faces pulled back in a grimance, the got ready into a fighting stance.

"Saotome family," a voice called out, all our head turning.

Her small frame quivered as she watched us all, the clipboard acting as a shield. She must have been as small as the ol' perv.

"D..Dr. Pin has the reports. He'll see you in Mrs.Saotome's room," she bowed quickly before scampering away.

Looking at one another, we each got up and started making our way towards the room. Taking the lead, I sped up my pace until I was outside her hospital room. Sweat broke out from my forehead before I pressed down on the handle, the door slowly opening.

Dr.Pin stood there, his clipboard clasped tightly while he scribbled down the last of his notes. Seeming to not have noticed him yet, we watched with curiosity as he mumbled words to myself. Sweat trickled down his neck before he wiped it away.

"A..ah, Mr.Saotome, and family. We finally have some progress on Mrs.Saotome's condition," he flashed a smile as he finally looked over.

"I'll start out to say that the surgery worked. She beat the odds, she fought, and she won the battle."

It seemed as if all the tension and worry he felt before just dissappeared. The room felt calmer, more relaxed at the news. She was going to be ok.

". . .But. . ."

"But? What but," Nabiki scowled, ungluing her face from her phone.

"Although she may recover, the state she's in is...unstable would be the best word to describe it. We'll monitor her for the time being and hopefully get some updates on her health-..."

"Hold up, the state she's in? What state is there," I glared, frustrated.

I didn't understand. He said she was going to make it, he said she won the battle. What more could there be?

" . . .Akane is in a coma."

The words sent a negative effect on my body, the tension just reappearing but 10x worse. My hand came up as I turned and I punched the closed wall to me. A large crater was left in place, my fists not feeling any pain. I was numb.