Potential cure

Teresa's pov:

I calmly walked through the halls and to the medical room I was needed in. I walked past a room where they were once again testing on y/n. I just shook my head and continued on my path. I thought they wouldn't test on her until the cure she provided was successful.

I just shrugged my shoulders and walked down a few more hallways. I finally came to the med lab I was needed in and entered. In the centre of the room was one of my favourite patients, Shai.

She was laid out on a hospital bed in the middle of the room with a doctor taking blood samples. "Hey, Shai." I greeted as I sat in a chair alongside the bed.

"H-hi miss Teresa..." Shai groaned out. I looked at one of the monitors that recorded her brain waves. The flare had almost fully infected her killzone and she looked the part.

Her eyes were extremely bloodshot and her brown skin was covered in black veins. She wore her hair in a ponytail and had a white hospital dress on.

A doctor passed me a mechanical syringe filled with the cure filtered from y/n's blood. "Is that going to make me feel better?" Shai asked, eyeing the needle with suspicion.

"I hope so." I honestly replied. "Do you remember the story I told you? About the girl who's providing the cure?" I tried to change the subject off of the injection.

"I-I can't remember..." Shai weakly responded.

"Well, her name is y/n and she used to be my best friend." I rolled up Shai's sleeve and steadied the syringe in my hand. "She used to work for WICKED and cared a lot about the subjects and our cause." I plunged the needle into her arm and she groaned in pain.

"It burns." She said through clenched teeth.

I quickly removed the needle and put my hand on her wrist. "I know, I know."

The doctors and I watched as Shai's eyes became normal and her skin was erased of bulging veins. I smiled at the sight before me. Her blood really worked. Y/n's the cure!