The dying man

Newt's pov:

Gally lead us down a set of stairs and through a few hallways. "After you guys left me a group of people came through and picked me up," Gally told his story. "Once they found out I was immune, they patched me up and got me to help them. Turns out that WICKED has a lot of enemies."

We were lead into a sort of greenhouse where there was a guy sniffing roses. "Lawrence," Gally greeted him when we got closer.

The man was in the shadows and put his flower down. "Gally," he grumbled. "Kyle told me what happened out there."

"It was a massacre." Gally retold. "There's nothing we can do against those guns. But, I think I know a way into WICKED, and it involves Thomas."

I gave Tommy a look and he returned an equally confused one. "So you're risking what we have on a thought and a kid? Is that what I'm hearing?" Lawrence snapped.

"Yes," Gally stared at his feet as he clutched his backpack.

Thomas stepped forward against my protest. "Look, I trust Gally. And if he says that I'm the key to getting into WICKED, then you better believe him."

Lawrence stepped into the light and I was frightened at what I saw. His nose was missing and there were thorns coming out of one side of his head. He was attached to a drip that had a minimal amount of the cure to the flare in it.

"Do you know what I am, Thomas?" He asked. "I'm a businessman. Which means I don't take unnecessary risks in return for nothing."

"It wouldn't be for nothing," Thomas countered. "We could get you what you need."

"And what is it you think I need ?"

"Time."

Lawrence looked at his drip and back to Thomas. He held out his thorny hand. Thomas reluctantly took it. "Gally," Lawrence ordered. "Show them the tunnels. And only take three with you." He looked me in the eye. "Just to make sure you come back."