05

INT. LYDIA'S CAR

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever made."

"No," Lydia deadpanned.

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper."

"No."

"Lydia, I swear to God you're gonna like it."

"No."

"I am not watching The Notebook again."

INT. VIDEO RENTAL STORE

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?" Jackson asked. "Hello? Is anybody working here? You gotta be kidding me."

Melanie walked into the video store, searching for a movie. She wasn't sure what she wanted to watch, but she was hoping something would spark interest.

"Hey Jackson. Have you seen the clerk?" Melanie asked.

"No."

Melanie walked between the shelves of movies and noticed spots of blood. She walked around cautiously, balling a fist.

The teens came upon the clerk lying on the ground, dead, covered in blood.

Melanie gasped, instantly covering her mouth as her eyes widened.

Jackson backed into a ladder, which hit something, and the lights shut off.

Quiet growls sounded throughout the silent store. Jackson's eyes widened as he saw a beastly figure with glowing red eyes.

Jackson darted into an aisle of movies, pulling Melanie with him. Melanie didn't move her leg away fast enough and as shelves began falling, trapping Jackson's lower half, and a sharp corner jabbed into her leg. She tried moving her leg, making the scratch longer. She managed to take a look and saw what looked to be liquid. She touched it and brought her finger to her mouth and licked it, instantly wincing at the metallic taste that flooded her mouth.

The Alpha appeared and growled at him. It placed a claw on the back of Jackson's neck and Jackson began breathing heavily. The Alpha stared at Melanie and ran off through a window, shattering the glass.

Jackson glanced at Melanie. "Are you okay?"

She shook her head. "I'm trapped and I'm bleeding."

"Where?"

"My right leg."

He tried pulling her leg out, causing her to scream.

Sirens blared and grew louder and louder. Officers holding guns appeared and began lifting the shelves.

"Hey, you gotta get her out of here. She's hurt."

An officer managed to pull Melanie's leg free, though not painlessly, and carried her out.

INT. CAR

"Mm," Sheriff Stilinski hummed, looking into a bag. "Did they forget my curly fries?"

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones."

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong."

Dispatch said, "Unit one, do you copy?"

"Sorry," Stiles apologized.

Sheriff Stilinski picked up the walkie. "Unit one, copy."