19

Allison and Melanie met Scott and Stiles the next day in the library.

Allison thought for a moment. "If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him."

"Or he doesn't remember," Scott noted.

Stiles took a moment to think. "What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?"

"A fugue state?" Allison questioned, recalling what Lydia had said.

Melanie let out a small huff. "He'd have to forget everything. Shifting, the murder-"

"Getting rid of the blood," Allison interrupted, understanding what she was getting at.

Stiles pointed something out that they all knew, but hadn't said. "Yeah, he had help with one thing though -- the video. And someone else helped him forget."

Scott nodded and added, "Whoever's controlling him."

Allison raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?"

Stiles rolled his eyes and scoffed. "He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing."

"So do we try and convince him he's not?"

Scott gave a small nod. "If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah."

Allison gave a worried look. "Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?"

Stiles smiled with a hint of uncertainty. "Yeah, it's us. He'll talk to us. Right?"

After school, Stiles took Melanie and Scott to the hospital to meet with Melissa about something.

Melissa saw Scott and yelled, "Move! It's not just this. Although, a restraining order is a new low that I didn't think that you would reach quite this soon. It's everything on top of it. The completely bizarre behavior, the late nights coming home, having to beg Mr. Harris for you to make up that chemistry test that you missed."

Scott gave his typical deer-in-the-headlights look. "I missed a chemistry test?"

Melissa groaned inwardly. "Really, Scott? Really? I have to ground you. I am grounding you. You are grounded."

Scott frowned. "What about work?"

Melissa sighed. "Fine. Other than work. And no TV."

"My TV's broken."

"Then no computer."

"I need the computer for school."

Just when we thought Scott had outsmarted his mother, she decided, "Then no, uh -- no Stiles or Melanie."

"What -- no Stiles or Melanie?" Stiles exclaimed.

"No Stiles or Melanie!" Melissa repeated in a loud voice. "And no more car privileges. Give me your keys. Give 'em to me! Oh, for the love of God."

Scott begrudgingly handed over his keys. Melissa looked slightly disappointed. "Mom, you want me to-"

"No," Melissa interrupted in a harsh tone.

"Mom, come on, let me just -- Mom. Mom!" Scott begged as he tried to comfort his mother.

Melissa sighed again and looked at Scott with concern. "What is going on with you? Is this about Allison?"

Scott glanced at his mom as he softly asked, "Do you really wanna know?"

Melissa nodded as she took her son's hands. "Yeah. Is this about your father? It is, isn't it? Okay, you know what, um -- We'll talk about this at home. I'm gonna go get the car."