Chapter 7: Marinette comatose

Luka POV

I watched as the heart monitor beeped weakly while holding Marinette's hand, hoping that this was just a dream. That I might wake up with Marinette lying next to me on her bed sleeping like a baby.

But no matter how much I try, I have to accept the fact that this is reality.

The doctor gave her a few months to wake up from her coma. If not, they'll cut of her life support. Ever since that day, I haven't stopped visiting Marinette. Though, I've been very harsh with Tommaso, even if it wasn't entirely his fault.

But my blind anger refused to see reason.

The next time I saw Tommaso, all I could see was Marinette.

"Luka. I-." He said.

"If it weren't for you, Marinette wouldn't be in this situation. Why did you have to become Volpe?" I said.

Tommaso was about to say something, but I cut him off.

"This is all your fault, Tom! And you want to say you're sorry!" I roared.

"That's not fair, Luka. How could he have known that Lila was aiming for him?" Roxanne said.

"You stay out of this!" I shouted, shoving Roxanne back.

Tommaso grabbed me by the collar and threw me to the locker.

"You better watch yourself. Just because your Melody was in a coma because of me, doesn't mean you have the right to-" 

"She was akumatized because of you! Because you had to be related to that liar! Because your mother couldn't keep her legs closed!" I shouted.

The crowd gasped and muttered. Tom's face turned from shock to anger.

"Say that again and you'll lose more than you teeth." He growled.

"That's all your good at. Making threats! I wonder why Roxanne even likes someone like you. You're just a thug playing the hero. You're no better than Gabriele. I bet you're going to cheat on Roxanne, just like your mother!" I shouted.

An enraged Tommaso threw a punch at my jaw, knocking me to the ground. I got up and tried to punch him. He dodged and kneed me in the gut. As I doubled over, he kicked me across the face, knocking me down again. I tried to get up but was picked up by Tommaso, who kneed me in the gut and head butted me in the face. As I stepped back, I sprayed a fire extinguisher at his face, blinding him. 

Seeing his guard was down, I tackled him onto the ground and started punching him on his face while he tried to block the punches with now avail. It wasn't long until he managed to throw me onto my back.

"My turn!" He shouted as he pinned me down with on hand and used the other to beat my face in. His fist  crashed into my face multiple times, leaving behind bruises on my cheeks and jaw the crowd were cheering for both of us.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?" Ms Mendeleiev shouted, causing us to stop.

As the teacher told everyone to go back to their classes, we were taken to the Principal's office.

"It's hard to believe that you out of all people would be in my office, Luka." Principal Damocles said with a disappointed tone.

I didn't reply because I was to busy scowling at Tommaso. 

"As for you, Tommaso. This cannot go on. I will have no other choice but to suspend you." He said.

"Suspend him. this Pezzo di Medre was bad mouthing my mother." He said bitterly.

"Is that true, Luka?" He asked.

I nodded.

"I see. Well, if you two make up, I'll give you detention for the rest of the week." He said.

"Like hell I will. Not after what he said." Tommaso retorted.

"I will not tolerate this kind of rudeness from you, Mr Rossi." The Principal said.

Tommaso clicked his tongue bitterly as he heard his late mother's surname.

"So, what is your decision?" He asked.

Tommaso looked at me with complete hate, causing me to look away. 

"Very well. You two will be suspended for a week." He said.

"If I don't have to see this stronzo for a while, I'm down with that." Tommaso said bitterly.

I didn't reply. I feeling sorry for myself for lashing out at Tommaso and insulting him. As we left, I stopped Tommaso and asked if we can still make amend.

"Now you want to apologise? No thanks, Snake boy.  Not after what you said about my mother. And thanks to you, the whole school thinks my mother is a harlot." He said.

"Will you ever forgive me?" I asked, trying my best to keep the bitterness out of my tone.

He simply looked at me with a scowl and replied coldly,

"Not right now, Luka. And probably not ever." 

And with that, he left.

Because of my actions, I lost one of my friends.