Chapter 13: I am not your punching bag!

Gorino POV

Ever since last night, Corrin and I have tried our best to make time for each other despite my mother's warnings and threats. The more dates and late night visits we've done, the more stronger our bond became. 

After school, Corrin and I went to the cinema to watch a Rom Com movie. After the movie, we went to get ice cream and chill on the bridge.

"The movie was cool and all. Just wish it had more action." Corrin said.

"Which kind?" I asked with a smirk as I wiggled my eyebrows.

The tomboy laughed and lightly pushed my shoulder. Our date was going well until I heard the unforgettable shrill of my mother.

"Gorino Giovanni! What do you think you're doing!?" 

Corrin and I whipped around and saw my mother and her boyfriend Gerald stomping through the crowd as if they own the place.

"I see you're still with that cross dressing girl." She said, glaring at Corrin.

"Excuse you. I have a name, Lady!" Corrin growled at her.

"Who is seriously lacking in manners." Gerald added with distain.

"You're coming home with us. We warned you to not hang out with that girl and you didn't listen." My mother said as she grabbed me by the collar and tried to drag me away from Corrin.

"No, Madre! You can't tell me that I can't hang out with my friends. It's not right." I said as I shrugged her off me.

"Don't you dare answer back to me. I am your mother." My mother growled with malice.

"Oh really? If you were my mother, you wouldn't have cheated on my father. Or treated me like trash. Or even force me to take testosterone drugs to make me more masculine." I countered.

The crowd started to gasp and murmur as our argument went on. Gerald grabbed me buy the wrist.

"Listen here, you little shit. You better do what your mother says or you will never see the light of day again." He threatened.

"You're not my father, Gerald! So don't try it!" I shouted and shoved him away from me.

"You will obey us, Gorino! Or you will regret it!" My mother shrilled.

"I AM NOT YOUR PUNCHING BAG!" I roared, shocking everyone. Corrin held her hand over her mouth in shock.

My mother's face turned from shock to anger as she slapped me across the face, knocking me to the ground. Before she could grab me, Corrin grabbed her by the arm and squeezed it. Her eyes were burning with anger.

"Stay the hell away from Gorino, you abusive, backstabbing hag!" She threatened.

"I will not be intimidated by an orphan who's parents have been abandoned. Or her brother is a dead beat." My mother said as she tried to free herself.

Corrin shoved her towards her boyfriend, who caught her and fired a glare at us.

"You've stepped in it now." He said as he grabbed Corrin and pinned her to the bridge, squeezing her throat. I got up and landed a kick to his ribs, knocking him backwards.

"I am not the same boy from before. I won't stand by and be bullied by you and your sugar daddy." I said as I helped up Corrin.

The couple glared at us one last time and left without another word. The crowd started clapping and cheering at us.

"Phew. Thanks for having my back, Cory." I said.

"Anything for you, Gio Gio." She said and kissed my cheek.

Suddenly, an explosion erupted from the edge of the bridge startling everyone. I saw two figures in armour and holding hammers. One of them has silver armour while the other has gold armour. I recognized instantly.

"My mother and Gerald. No doubt they've been akumatized." I said.

"We'd better go and transform. No doubt we'll met up with the others." Corrin replied as she lead me to an alleyway for us to transform, only to run into Luka, Juleka, Zoe, Gloria and Sabrina.

"Fancy running into you guys." I said.

"Same. We were just about to head somewhere safe and wait for you guys to deal with the akuma." Sabrina replied.

"Yeah. Any word from Chloe? Or Marinette?" Corrin asked.

"Nada. She's still unresponsive. As for Chloe, I haven't seen her." Gloria added.

"I've already called Aria, Owen, Tom, Kagami and Roxanne. They should be here by now

"Then we'll have to make do. Sabrina, Zoe. Head back to Le Grande Paris. We'll handle this." Luka said.

The two girls nodded as we transformed and went to face the akuma.