Chapter 1: Training

Marinette POV

I panted for breath during my sparring session with Tommaso, who was shifting from foot to foot. Sweat glistened on his lean torso. He seemed like he wasn't out of breath, considering he's been training more seriously than I have.

"Should we call it a day?" He asked.

"No. I can keep going." I replied.

"Just don't strain yourself, Melody." Luka warned as he watched from the bench.

"Don't worry, Songbird. I'm sure Volpe wouldn't mind another round. Don't you?" I taunted.

Tom chuckled and threw a punch at me, forcing me to dodge the blow and counter with an elbow the ribs. He blocked it with his knee and snapped a kick at my midsection, forcing me back. I tried to kick him in the shin, hoping to trip him over, but he simply blocked the kick with his shin and counter attacked with a jab to the stomach, knocking me down.

"Ok, we'll call it a day." I sighed as he gave me a hand up.

"Told you I don't pull my punches." Tomasso chuckled as he helped me dust myself down.

After The Brotherhood escaped, Su-Han volunteered to train us in preparation for their return. Due to them having the Moth and Peacock miraculous, it hasn't been easy waiting for an akuma to show up and cause chaos. While some residents of Paris were happy to see Ladybug back, most were still wary of my sudden return to the side of good. Even Luka's mother and sister, considering that I previously broke up with Luka.

"It has been like what, 3 and a half weeks. We haven't seen the Brotherhood in a while." Aria said.

"You think they went into hiding?" Chloe asked as she applied her make up.

"To plot again? Probably." Tommaso said as he took off his gloves and wrapped bandages on his hands.

"If so, we'd better watch our backs." Roxanne said as she swung off the horizontal bar and landed onto the ground.

"Speaking of which, I'd better head home before my mother bites my head off." Gorino said as he got up from the bench and exited the gym.

"Kay, say ya at school." Corrin called.

Gorino blew her a kiss and left.

"I'd better go too. My folks are waiting for me to return after I left the library." Gloria said.

"See you at school." We called as Gloria waved at us before leaving the gym.

After we showered and got dressed, we parted ways with Tommaso, Roxanne, Aria and Owen and went home.

"Some of the citizens are still a bit wary of you, Melody." Luka said.

"No kidding. After I became Lady Dark and almost destroyed Paris, almost everyone started to give me bad eyes. My parents, who knew about my akumatization, told me to take some time off as Ladybug. I'm still a bit unsure about handing the mantle to anyone just yet." I sighed.

"There's Chloe." Luka suggested.

"True. Still, I'm just not sure." I said, petting a sleeping Tikki.

Luka held my chin and smiled.

"No matter what happens, you can count on your friends and I to be by your side." He said.

I smiled and kissed him.