Runaway (ll)

(Reader x william james moriarty x sherlock holmes)

.
.
.

How did things ended up like this? Was it not all perfectly planned by william? By sherlock and y/n?

It Indeed was the darkest night in history.

While y/n was on her knees, sobbing under the rainfall, william couldn't do anything. He was helpless, after all this was all his own fault. It pained him. It truly did.

The only thing he could do was sit next to her and comfort her..to love her..embrace her and just like that he sat next to her and slowly moved his hand towards her but soon after she saw his hand, she moved back and looked at him with a rather painful and scared eyes.

"It will be alright..i promise..i'll make it all bett-"

"C..can you bring sherlock back?"

This sudden question paused him as he stared at her.

"T..tell me..can you...?"

What will he answer her? He had no answer to that question.

A feeling of guilt hit him as he moved his eyes away. He couldn't..how will he be able to look into her eyes?

Seeing him look away was the answer to her question

But...even if she had a slight hope to see sherlock and meet him, it was all once again shattered and she was left with nothing at all.

Just a sentence.

Just a lie.

A single lie.

"Sherlock won't be coming lady y/n.."

He lied once again.

"Not  coming? W..why won't he come?"
Asked y/n as she gazed at him with confusion

"H..he wanted to tell you that he cannot marry you..marrying you while he isn't well settled and this early was never what he wanted..has he perhaps never showed you any signs..that your relationship was..burdening him..?"

This broke her..why would he leave her like that? On the day of her marriage..on the day she left every single thing and person in her life for him.

Of all times, why did he just realized this? Why would he leave her like that..?

He was burdened..by her love? Was her love nothing but a burden on him?

She felt cold, as though the darkness and cold was enveloping her and dragging her down into the dept of darkness from where one can no longer come out.

And as her whole body trembled while she got up, a sharp pain shot in her head..as though her whole body her head was getting heavy, unable to even take a step further..she felt her breathing getting heavier and her surrounding fading away. All the voices were getting muffled and soon everything faded away as she fell on the floor unconscious.

***

Rainfall poured and soaked sherlock as he sat on the staircase outside the court..waiting for y/n until the sky turned darker and darker.

She never came.

Why was she not here? What went wrong?

Was waiting here for her for hours what  he should've done? Or rather go back to her home and check if she's alright

His head lowered, his mind fuzzy. He no longer had the will to look up as he knew she won't be coming. His heart ached as he thought of her getting hurt in anyway yet he knew that william will takecare of everything.