3

After stopping at Walmart. Miranda drove them home. She grabbed Pru as Ben grabbed the bags.

"We didn't stop pass your house to get you any clothes but I think your box of things that was left had some clothes and stuff." Miranda said softly and Ben nodded.

Miranda fed Pru and then they watched a little TV down stairs before Miranda took her upstairs. She opened her bedroom door and found Ben laying in her bed...What use to be their bed, although he was on her side of the bed and his face was snuggled into her pillow. He looked very comfortable sleep. She knew that he was stressed out and she hoped that he was able to sleep good tonight.

"Ben sleeping." Pru voiced.

"Yes he is and we are going to join him." Miranda replied with a cheerful voice.

Miranda bathed Pru and dried her off before dressing her. She then quickly got herself ready for bed. Miranda held Pru as she got onto the bed. Pru laid on her chest on the right side and Miranda rubbed her back soothingly as she began to hum softly.

She looked over to her left when she felt Ben scoot closer. He scooted until his head was by her breast and he snuggled into her.

Miranda looked at him for a while and reached out and rubbed his head.

A week passed and Ben was back at his own house. The Miller's were giving him a hard time and he didn't know what to do.

After getting off the rig, Ben walked inside of the hospital and he looked around for Miranda.

He saw her talking to a patient and he waited near by for her to finish up.

Miranda looked up from her chart and saw Ben leaning by the check in desk. She smiled at him and walked over. She enjoyed Pru and him being there for the two days and she had already got attached to her and hated that she left.

"Hey." Miranda greeted.

"Hey you got a second to talk?" Ben questioned.

"Uh yeah sure. "

"I was wondering if we could hold off on the divorce..."

"Ben." Miranda started.

"Not because I foresee us getting back together but because the Miller's are fighting me with keeping Pru and they hired a lawyer. I need to fight this, if that's what they are trying to do and it won't look good to be getting a divorce. It won't look stable."

"Oh okay sure."

"Great thank you for understanding."

"Why are they fighting you if it's put in a legal will?."

"I honestly don't know. I can't imagine it holding up but they do have a good case because they are her blood relatives." Ben sighed.

"I might need to move back in while this is going on because I'm sure there will be home visits...so if we can just pretend to be married for a little while until everything is settle and then the two of us will be out of your hair." Ben stated.

Miranda hated that he said out of her hair. They weren't a bother at all the two days they were there.

"Okay yeah. Um I can call the divorce lawyer I used with Tucker. He handled our custody part really good. "

"Is this the same divorce lawyer you are using now?" Ben questioned.

"Yeah." Miranda replied.

"Uh okay." Ben responded nodding his head.

By next week Ben was back at the house. Pru stayed in the last guest room, so Ben was back sharing a bed with Miranda.

They slept with a divide down the bed.