11. An Awkward Italian Breakfast (Lucky)

Everyone is acting weird at breakfast, including me. Our first night in Italy seems to have rocked the boat for all of us. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to. 

   Sunny is casting curious glances at Jamie who gets bright red every time their eyes meet. Our cute Japanese friend's look is no better, but he is well known for his shyness. The crimson color, constantly flushing his cheeks when Em teases him, is no surprise. Jamie, however, is something else. I don't really remember ever seeing him blush. 

   They both finally pin their gazes on the plates in front of them, neither bothering to at least try the piles of delicious food. This now is as queer as dick's hatband. Sunny would have gobbled half of the crumbled eggs and the tempting, fluffy ricotta pancakes by now in a normal situation. I would have definitely considered the tension between those two highly suspicious, if Em didn't seem so entertained and wasn't smirking the entire time. 

   "Lucky, when are you going to stop pouting?" Emma elbows me.

   "When I get rid of the permanent hard on," I grumble. "If you had shown the slightest desire to see my balls, you would have found them to be more purple than eggplant."

   "Aww, enough already! You look like Master Frown. You're very lucky he's one of my favorite cartoon characters. He's cute, but you're cuter." She sticks out her tongue at me, giggling at her own joke and leans closer to my ear, paying no attention to the alleged pitiful state of my private parts. I love to whine and tease her. She knows I would never push her into something she's not ready for, so we're just having fun. Emma's attention is focused on her best friend, anyway. She whispers, "Don't you think there's something really odd about Sunny's behavior?"

   "I am Lucky obviously," I grin and peck her lips. "You're right, Boo. Something has happened last night and I'm dying to find out what it was. Why don't you ask him?"

   "Nah, Sunny can be like a bump on a log when I start asking too many questions that make him uncomfortable," Emma sighs. "Openness is not his strong suit. You better talk to Jamie. No, actually, it's best to ask Em. He seems well aware of what's going on."

   "Right," I nod. "Now that I think about it, Jamie is surely the source of all the embarrassment. I can only imagine the blunder that dick has probably made. I told him a thousand times that storming into Em's room whenever he likes was not a good idea. He's used to being glued to Em's ass like a band aid, but it doesn't work anymore. It's high time he found someone himself and stopped being the third wheel."

   "Oh, my God!" Emma squeaks enthusiastically. "He might have caught them, ya know, playing hide the sausage, if you get what I mean." 

   Her face is all mischief and envy. I laugh out, "Emma, you naughty girl. If you wanna see a dick, I've got the best one in town..."

   "Would you stop repeating the 'd' word, please," she glares at me. "I got it. You're horny. Go take a cold shower."

   "Fine," I give up provoking her and stuff my mouth with cannoli, contemplating how dangerous for my health it would be to ask Em what's going on. 

   His phone rings before I can gather the courage. A wide grin immediately spreads on his face. I know this expression. He is up to something. I have the strong feeling that poor Jamie won't like it at all.

   "Ciao amico! Come stai? È fantastico che tu abbia chiamato! (Heyy friend! How are you? It's great you called!)" He peeks at Jamie whose eyes are wide and questioning. Em only smirks and goes on with his conversation. "Ma certo, è un'ottima idea. Sì, sì, tutti... Aaah, sicuramente. Hai ragione. Grazie mille!... No, no, non preoccuparti. lo capisco,.. D'accordo, a presto, allora. (Of course, that's a great idea. Yes, yes, everyone... Aaah, for sure. You're right. Thank you so much!... No, no, don't worry. I know... Great! See you soon then.)"

   'Who was it?" Jamie hisses, clutching Em's sleeve across the table. "Honestly, I'll kick your ass so hard one day that you'll find yourself all the way up to the Moon. And that day is so fucking close..."

   "Calm down," Em pats him on the shoulder. "Have I ever disappointed you?"

   "If you just set up a meeting with that gadfly from the car showroom, I swear..."

   "Easy, Mr. Straight-laced," Em keeps cackling. "Your innocence is safe. You can trust me for once."

   Emma instantly pricks up her ears and starts kicking me in the ankle under the table, "Did you hear that? We're meeting Gio. Is it possible... he and Jamie..."

   "It's not possible," Jamie interrupts her. 

   "I can't wait to see the oldest university in Europe," Sunny states, jumping up from his chair, too eagerly for this early hour. "Can we go now?"

___________________________________

Photo 203293454 © Maximiliano Gagliano | Dreamstime.com

Photo 156590645 © druvo | istockphoto.com

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 11!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

It's been quite some time since the last update. 😔

I hope you liked this light-hearted chapter and you're still excited about Sunny and his friends' adventures. I hope to restore the normal schedule with a chapter a week from now on.

What do you think Em is planning? 😏

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

Love: Anny