Chapter II

°°°

"Anya it's time to eat, please take your seat on the table" Loid called out to his daughter as he placed a steaming hot pot filled with creamy stew.

Loid began arranging the table as he waited, listening for his daughter's footsteps to come and they did until they stopped making him stop too in placing the utensils atop his plate.

"Would you like me to help you?" He asked after seeing how Anya had difficulty climbing the chair as she hopped around it, he watched her, awaiting for any sign that could indicate her acceptance or refusal thus it came as a surprise to him when she looked at him briefly, nodded and then gingerly raised her arms in his direction.

Loid couldn't stop the smile on his face no matter how much he tried and instead tried to maintain his voice as calm as it has been as he slowly reached out and lifted Anya to her designated seat.

"Is this alright with you or would you like me to add pillows as support?" He asked as Anya looked around the table, she could see and reach but Loid wanted to make sure that she was comfortable thus the question.

Anya shook her head without looking at him but whispered a small thank you for helping her in seating, to which Loid heard and smiled at before he too took his seat opposite hers.

"I hope stew is okay with you but if you have any requests you can tell me and we can go shop for it if you would like" Loid said as he served the stew into a small bowl and placed it in front of his daughter's plate.

The rice and side dishes have already been served so it really was just the stew that needed serving since the cooking was interrupted awhile ago.

Anya said nothing in response to her father's question too busy moving the vegetables present in the stew away from her meat but Loid didn't mind too much of her silence since he saw that she was quite busy looking at the stew, not knowing what she was doing but, after a few seconds of watching her take the first bite Loid too started eating.

Aside from the utensils noises, silence surrounded them at the table, the atmosphere despite not being uncomfortable was a little stiff or rather stuffed until it was interrupted by a small whisper.

"Steak" Anya's voice was soft but hearable enough in the silence and noise.

Loid looked up in surprise at mid-bite, "*cough* I'm sorry, what was that?" He asked after he gulped some water to save himself.

Anya said nothing, just staring at her father as if to telepathically communicate what she has said to him before she broke the gaze and once again looked down, going back to eating but now with only rice and meats from the stew, the vegetables discarded on a corner of her plate.

Loid took quick notice of the separated vegetables, "Do you not like vegetables Anya?" He asked, still looking at his daughter.

Anya paused in her eating, bringing down the spoon which she was using then placed her hands on her lap, her head down as she nodded, awaiting the words that she knew were coming to break her.

Loid was a bit confused and worried of why she had stopped eating at his question but instead of pondering further, he focused on making her look up again or atleast continue to eat.

"It's okay Anya, I'm not mad rather I apologize for making a meal that is quite filled with vegetables but they are necessary no? Though to compensate for the meal, you mentioned steak awhile ago right? Would you like for me to prepare it for tomorrow?" He asked encouragingly as he smiled at his daughter.

Anya looked up and stared at her father who contrary to what she has experienced, didn't reprimand and guilt her into eating the vegetables.

They remained staring at one another for what felt like an eternity before Anya nodded, a "Ham'ger steak" escaping her as her lips formed into the first smile Loid has seen on his daughter's face.

Loid grinned big at the sight and achievement, "Alright, the menu for tomorrow's dinner will be a very delicious hamburger steak" he exclaimed, one fist up to show more emotion.

"Would you like to come with me after your daycare to shop?" He asked, still grinning as a way to contain and express his delight and excitement of the progress Anya has presented him.

Anya stared at her father's eyes, his excitement tangible in them and though she didn't really understand why, she gave a small nod to his question to which her father gave back and returned to eating making her follow suit.

The rest of their dinner was in silence but unlike at the beginning, it was more light and lifting, a small touch of happiness one could say and it continued to when father and daughter closed their eyes to welcome sleep.

°°°

Double Update!!

I hope the story is to your liking 🙂 . Has anyone noticed of Anya's behaviour? If so, more will be discovered and explained as the story progresses.. maybe? 🤫.

Thank you for reading 😊💜💜 .