Episode : 8

It finally dawns on Kang-woo that he likes Myung-wol. But of course that will never do, so instead of confronting his feelings, he attempts to avoid. He does everything including yoga in an attempt to clear his mind, but he keeps seeing her everywhere he goes.

He decides that going to see some art will get his mind off of his crush, only he simply starts to see Myung-wol's face in all the paintings. Ha. Okay, let's put aside the question of why a Vermeer, a da Vinci, and a Millet are hanging side by side in a Korean gallery (Did France have a garage sale or something?) but it's downright hilarious. As is Kang-woo's face every time it happens.

The topper is Myung-wol sitting there, posed like The Thinker, smiling up at him. I do love how sassy imaginary Myung-wol is. She taunts him much more than the real Myung-wol does.

She's currently busy brooding, feeling like she's finally hit rock bottom with Kang-woo. She tells Ryu that opening that man's heart seems impossible. But he tells her to get her head in the game in the only way he knows how-by waving a stick at her and yelling. Sometimes a girl just needs a hug, okay?

Kang-woo convinces himself that this is just a blip, and feels assured that there's no reason he'd have to see her again. So if he doesn't see her, his feelings will fade. Uh-huh.

But what he doesn't know yet is that he and Myung-wol are back in the headlines, for her second big rescue of the Hallyu star. It looks like someone snapped photos from the kidnapping, and now they're everywhere.

Chairman Joo gets a report on Ryu's activities, and his lackey tells him that Ryu often goes in and out of a private investigation agency, which is run by Myung-wol's parents. Eeep! He's finding out an awful lot about you!

Kang-woo cools his heels for a while and then shows up at the airport for another trip to Singapore, and sees Myung-wol standing at the edge of the crowd. He sighs, "I thought I was all better, but I'm seeing things again." Heh.

Only it's not imaginary Myung-wol this time. His agent informs him that after the kidnapping went public (which saved them from fans lashing out over the no-show at the showcase) they had to reinstate her. Plus he's in more danger than ever, so Myung-wol has been ordered to stick to his side at all times.

This infuriates him, which he claims is because he wasn't consulted. Yes, it's definitely that and not because she's going to make it impossible to not feel your feelings. I love this.

He treats Myung-wol brusquely, playing his part as Hallyu star Kang-woo so that she can't tell he's really turned into Lovesick Puppy Kang-woo. She heeds Ok-soon's advice and plans to make the most of this trip, despite the fact that In-ah and Ryu are also going. Grooooooooan. Can't they ditch her somewhere?

In Singapore they go straight to a photo shoot, where Kang-woo starts out distracted and staring at Myung-wol. In-ah complains so he obliges, saying, "I forgot that you're so simple that you have to have everything handed to you." HA. It cracks me up that he's constantly insulting her, but she's too stupid to realize it.

She whines later about him reinstating Myung-wol, and plants a seed of doubt - could Myung-wol really be risking her life for him time and again, just because she likes him?

Meanwhile Dae-kang enjoys some time off while Kang-woo goes to Singapore, and lounges around Hee-bok's office. He watches a spy movie and starts to rattle off all the telltale signs of an undercover spy, realizing that it describes Hee-bok to a tee.

Hee-bok gulps as he wonders if he's been made... as Dae-kang breaks into laughter. "How can a spy have such a large belly? If you're a spy, then I'm Hallyu star Kang-woo!" They're interrupted when Chairman Joo walks in, unannounced.