Episode: 11

So Myung-wol and Kang-woo go off-script, ending in teary goodbye. Only, it turns out that the blank didn't injure her after all; it was just that she and Kang-woo were so caught up in their real emotions that they ad-libbed in the death scene that way. Um, okay. That's a letdown. I like our idea better.

In-ah gives Myung-wol crap for ad-libbing, saying that rookies like her ought to stick to the script. But just as soon as she says that, the director declares that he and the writer have decided to keep the scene as is, finding it more emotional and real, and commends Myung-wol on her ad-lib.

Myung-wol has been in listless spirits since the shoot ended, and winds up at the Han River, where Ryu finds her, because even in North Korea you know that that's the best place to brood. Must've been a detail she picked up in all her Hallyu contraband crackdowns.

She's so tired she rests her head on his shoulder and asks him to allow it for a moment. Aw, poor emotionally repressed Ryu and his sad consolation hug.

Spy Mom and Dad are giddy to hear about the fantastic reception to Myung-wol's exit scene, until Dae-kang tells them that the ad-lib means her character chose love over duty. Gulp. The spies are not blind to the meta of this scene, and Hee-bok asks what happened to the other North Korean spies. Dae-kang cheerily mimes a massacre, saying they died up front, of course.

After sending Myung-wol along, Ryu broods at the river and receives a text from her asking if she must continue the mission. He texts back that she ought to rest and adds, "Reality is different from acting. For us, there is no beautiful ending. The only choices we can make are to succeed in our mission, or die with honor."

He concludes by saying that he will let her actions slide today, but not in the future — then, it will be betrayal.

Kang-woo drives off, apparently having gotten a haircut in the time between leaving set and getting in his car. He's upset at his own emotional reaction during the shoot, and although he hasn't completely accepted that he's in love with Myung-wol, he knows things can't continue thusly.

He calls In-ah to break up with her, pointing out that they both know his heart isn't in it. He asks her to beat him till she's satisfied, but to end things between them.

In-ah answers that she doesn't care, that it doesn't matter if he likes her or not: "Just use me." She won't accept his decision, but he tells her he's going to go public. He'll take all the heat, so she won't be harmed.

Surely there's a meta wink built into this conversation:

Hee-bok: "Will it really be okay? Surely she won't give up her mission."

Ok-soon: "No way. She came all the way to the South Korean entertainment industry for the mission. Would she give up so easily?"

Hee-bok: "Right?"

Ok-soon: "Let's not worry needlessly, and focus on our duty."

With that, they bust out their laptops and get ready to plaster the Shiri 2 message boards. Ha, I love that somebody's mission involves killing and/or marrying a famous public figure, while somebody else's mission is to write internet comments.

Chairman Joo finds In-ah crying at home, and she sobs that she can't break up with Kang-woo. So he calls Kang-woo for a talking-to, and throws his liquor in his face when Kang-woo tells him that he broke up with In-ah because he doesn't love her.

Despite Joo's threatening tone, Kang-woo is unwavering, so the chairman takes a different tack and threatens to mess with Myung-wol's career. If Kang-woo wants what's best for her, he'll keep that in mind.