Chapter 6

"How can the ship get faulty for God's sake, you're very careless", bellowed the young man sitting at a desk and making a telephone call.

He had Ali Nagogo on the nameplate kept on his desk. He was partly angry because of Sadia's condition and because of the goods which were stuck in the middle of nowhere in a deep blue sea.

He took care of his father's factory which was mainly on agro-based products and runs a book and publishing company around the world.

The Nagogo traders were one of the richest after Hadeja company in Nigeria according to Forbes magazine. He was very hard-working and dedicated too.

Just then his PA Mr Sadiq entered the office to inform him about a visitor.

"Let her in", he said bosily while the slender lady in black velvet and a small hat walked in while her shoe was making sounds against the marble floor.

"Good morning Mr Nagogo", said Michelle as she sat on the visitor's seat and crossed her legs.

"Nice to meet you again Michelle, can we drop the vain formalities", he said while trying not to smile.

He used to be in love with her after being introduced to him by his sister. Their relationship didn't last for couple of months because they were both busy bees.

"How have you been?" Asked she while looking at him.

He called through the telephone and ordered a cup of coffee and tea for the both of them.

"As usual, busy".

"Look at you, you're tired but you ain't giving up".

A lady walked in with their drinks then left. She picked her coffee and sipped. "You still doing your vegan diet stuffs?"

"I guess. I need to be done with this so that I can visit Sadia".

She stood up and went to his desk then sat and said, "I can help you with it. I am used to working hard".

"No it's okay", he said then finally shift from her.

"Same old Ali", she said then went to a desk where a bouquet of flowers were placed in a vase and scent it.

"I'm almost through, I'll first visit my sis before we dine out".

"As you wish boss", she said then flopped on the couch and crossed her legs on the table while waiting.

He was busy signing contracts, receiving calls and assessing parcels going out of the company including goods while she was reading a poem she saw in the shelf which he wrote.

*

Khadija was waiting for cousin Laila outside of the coffee shop while taking some milkshake drink in her Range Rover.

She was tired of waiting in her car because Laila was always late for appointments. She reclined on the chair restlessly.

Then later got down to buy more milkshakes while waiting but bumped into someone else.

"Watch your steps", she said rudely.

"Hey".

"Zayyad", she said in dry amazement. "What are you doing here?"

"To have coffee after work and you?"

"Just hanging around and waiting for my cousin", she said still nervous like when they used to be in a relationship.

It lasted long in Cambridge before he noticed a girl and dumped her for her. She felt weird meeting her old lover again.

They both went in and ordered drinks for themselves.