Part 2: Chapter 82

The school was bustling with kids and cars parked everywhere, parents and guardians arriving to collect their children. The crowded scene made it lively and noisy. Islam, in her coffee abaya with a hijab and sunglasses, sat on the car bonnet, observing parents picking up their kids from all directions.

Suddenly, she noticed something happening a few yards away. Sabrina was with two other girls, and it seemed like a bullying situation. One of the girls was tugging Sabrina's shirt, and in the scuffle, Sabrina pushed her back, causing her to fall.

Islam swiftly approached the scene, asking, "What's going on?" The girl, an albino, claimed, "She took my watercolors and isn't giving them back." Sabrina, innocent and cute, denied the accusation softly, "No, I didn't."

The girl, still upset, insisted, "But Farha said she took it." Another girl, with dark skin and pink lips, wearing a fancy pink cardigan, supported the claim, "Yes, I saw it with Ayraa."

Islam, with a firm tone, explained, "Sabrina, Ayraa is not medically stable. It's not right to bully your friends."

Islam checked if Yasin had returned, finding him chatting with friends by the car. She waved at him, indicating she would return soon.

As they walked to the class, Islam asked, "Where's your form mistress?"

Kindergarten held precious memories, despite some bittersweet moments, filled with friends, food, and all the good things. Their teacher, a young lady with a long ponytail, was marking notebooks at her desk. She greeted Islam as she stood up, "Afternoon."

"I just need you to settle a dispute among the kids," Islam explained, sitting in the visitor's chair with the three girls in front of her.

The teacher addressed Gabriella, asking, "What's the matter?"

Gabriella, in tears, said, "Ms. Kat, Ayraa took my watercolors and is denying it."

Sabrina protested, "No! It's a lie. She pushed me and hurt me," revealing a scratch on her knee. Islam reacted as if it were a severe injury.

"How could you? Bullying in kindergarten is unacceptable. I could report you for assault. You're kids, and it's not right," scolded Islam, while Gabriella continued crying.

Farha added, "But her mom saved up to buy her those watercolors, and they're special."

"She would kill me if I don't bring it back," said Gabriella tearfully. "She took my watercolors."

"It's a lie," Sabrina defended.

"I can buy you a stack of watercolors; they're not even expensive, and Sabrina has hers," Islam added.

"If you insist, let's search you, Ayraa," suggested Ms. Kat.

"Yes, that will be better," sighed Islam, shooting daggers at the girls and then comforting Sabrina.

"No! Aunty Tessie would be looking for me," Sabrina deflected.

"There's nothing to be scared about. I know you didn't take the color, Sabrina," Islam reassured her, crouching in front and searching her little backpack with a picture of 'Kuu Kuu Harajuukuu.'

"No, I don't want to," Sabrina refused, stepping away and shuddering.

"Don't worry, you just have to prove them wrong, Sabrina. Give me your bag," Islam commanded her somberly with the last sentence.

Sabrina eventually handed over the backpack, huffing before opening the biggest zip containing her textbooks and notebooks. There was nothing. She sighed with relief and then noticed something between two textbooks, like a hidden treasure.