Chapter 40

"More haste, less speed Miss Saleh", said Sira in between bites of the hamburger they ordered from Mr Bigg's. She was her closest colleague and was slim and very tall. She had a model body but she chose law while teaching was her side job.

Nosebleeds was becoming normal. At first, she will feel a warm tingling sensation in her nose then blood began to trickled down while she pinched her nostrils and leaned forward to prevent the blood from flowing down her throat as the doctor recommended. She was afraid when it first happened thinking she had disease but after seeking a consultant, she realized it was a stress related disease.

She was worn out lately because she was working hard to find her dad and she recently renovated her house and making it complete. The table now has a crocheted mat with watermelon pattern and a small vase of plastic tulips. She also bought a pink couch which made it complete and simple.

Sira has visited that afternoon after school to discuss about her father's whereabouts and browse through the internet using her laptop. She sat with her legs propped up while carrying the laptop on her lap and Islam was watching.

"I'm fine", she eventually replied after it stopped while Sira was browsing through.

"You said Mr Abdulwahab said you're not his daughter after he arrived but why did he ask you to come when he already knows?" Asked Sira thoughtfully.

"I don't know", replied Islam cluelessly.

"Something is fishy Miss Saleh, I think it was all planned out".

"But who will plan it and why?" Asked Islam with eagerness.

"Someone who doesn't want you to meet your dad, someone who's pulling your track to your dad's place", she said wittily.

"Then could it be my stepmom. My aunt said I shouldn't let her know and if she does she'll ruin me", added Islam.

"What if she planned this to be sure it was you before carrying out her next move".

"You're intelligent to notice this Miss Roshid", praised Islam while talking formally because that was how they addressed themselves as colleagues.

"I'm going to be a barrister soon and what did you expect", said Sira who was bragging.

Shortly afterwards, she departed the house when it was dusky as she savoured the last bites of her hamburger. She didn't order from Mama Cass because Ava was there making it for free. She wanted something she worked for.

The thought of her stepmother crossed her mind making her dread the unknown and how it will unfold while she prayed for a refuge against evil eyes.

The next blessed day came to be while she dressed smartly because it was a Saturday. She wore champagne trousers with off-white short sleeve shirt and a buttoned t-shirt which was long sleeved leaving it unbuttoned before complimenting her look with the stiletto she recently bought after her salary was paid.

She quickly picked her small bag with her scarf covering her hair before setting out to the agreed-upon meeting place.

Sira was her new confidante because she just moved downstairs which made her frequently visit and sometimes spend the night in her house. She didn't want to bother Ava and Dave who were great pals in this journey of resilience and self-discovery.

They drove to the outstanding cityscapes of Victoria Island and to the breathtaking Eko Tower with the intention of meeting Mr Saleh because Mrs Adelaide has travelled to Seattle and is not reachable.

Sira decided to explore the vibrant city with refreshing and blossoming ambiance while Islam walked in the Tower and went to the sixteenth floor where Wahab Sardine Delights was located while her heart began to palpitate as Miss Badmus led her to his office while he was taking a rest on the swivel chair.