chapter 11

"Y/n!" You flinched hearing Ran shout at you. You turned to him with a smile on your face, "Yes?"

"I called you five times already, why are you spacing out?" He remarked, making you look down. "I-I'm sorry. I'm just thinking about something." You replied with a forced smile. You were moving on, well you thought you were but you can't forget the way that he kneeled in front of you.

You heard him sigh. So it's about him again. He thought before spreading his arms, a smile was painted on his handsome face. "Come here." He said, coaxing you to hug him.

You shook your head before walking towards his direction and wrapping your arms around him. He hugged you back, you felt his warmth slowly calm you down. Placing his chin above your head while caressing your back.

This is why I can't leave you, you calm me down despite Izana messing my mind. I feel so guilty, I will feel sad if I leave you all alone Ran... You thought, remembering what happened three days ago.

Three days ago...

You looked down at Izana, his tears were falling from his eyes. "Come back to me, y/n..." He sincerely said. You bit your lower lip as tears also fell from your eyes.

You looked back at Ran who's currently looking away but you can see his clenched fist. He's clearly hurt. You turn your gaze to Izana, A man who hurt me to the point that I lost myself along it, now begging for me to come back. You thought before looking back at Ran.

Or the man who's always here for me, he comforted me, fixed me and let me use him. You grit your teeth feeling so conflicted. You felt Izana squeezed your hand that he was holding.

"Y/n, you're mine right? Right..?" Izana said, like he wanted to confirm something but instead of answering you brushed his hand off.

"I... I can't go with you. Not anymore, Izana. You're the one who pushed me away, treated me like nothing. Don't say that I didn't cry and beg because I did. I endured everything Izana, and if you think that because you are begging me, I'll come back to you instantly, you thought wrong." You firmly said, stopping yourself from stuttering.

"I'm sorry... What do you want me to do? I'll do everything so you could forgive me, y/n. I'll do anything for you, my queen." He sincerely said while looking into your eyes so you instantly looked away.

You pointed to the door, "Leave. That's the best that you can do right now. I don't want you hurting Ran again." Your words felt like lightning struck him. You hate Izana for hurting Ran, a man like Haitani Ran doesn't deserve any of this.

But Izana wanted your forgiveness so he stood up from kneeling. He walked towards the door but before going out he turned to hug you tightly.

"Iza—"

"I'll wait for you. Our house is always open for you, y/n. Our house felt so lonely since you were gone. Your sole presence completes me, so I will do my best to repent and to make you come back to me. I love you, my sweet." He whispered before kissing your forehead and walking out.

You just stood there frozen, not really expecting to hear those words again from him.

"Y/n, why didn't you come with Izana?" Ran asked, he can't even hide the bitterness in his voice.

You looked at him and run to hug him tightly. "How can I leave you when you're like this? You stupid dummy." You said before crying in his arms.

I'm sorry Izana, but you hurt me so much already. I just want to run away from you.

Present...

Ran stared at you, his eyes examining your behavior. You would often look like you're out of this world. You would smile at him so sweetly but he knew that it was fake.

He knew that you're sad and lonely, as a man who likes you he's not liking your current state so he approached you. He wrapped his arms around your shoulder before resting his head against yours.

"Y/n, why don't you just follow him? If you're feeling guilty about me you don't have to. I asked you to use me." He assured you with a smile on his lips, your heart tightened. His tone sounds sweet yet that sweetness can't hide his pain.

You were taken aback at what he said so you looked at him, "But Ran—"

"You're just a woman, y/n." Your chest tightened hearing familiar words from Ran–the man you least expected to hear those words from. "W-What did you say?" You looked at him.

"I said you're just a woman. I'm sure I'll be able to move on. As you said I look popular, right?" He said like all of the things you two have gone through were nothing. It might be selfish of you to think about him being unfair but you can't help yourself.

"Ran..." You mumbled, you don't know if he's telling the truth or he's just saying things so you won't feel bad for him. Hurting you to chase you away, that's what you noticed. He is willing to risk everything for you.

It's confusing, he deserves better yet here he is, hurting yourself for your happiness.

"Go on. Choose your happiness, y/n. Just remember that I'll surely take you away from him completely the moment he hurts you again." He said with a smile, tears fell from your eyes and wrapped your arms around him

"S-Sorry... I'm so sorry and thank you for everything, Ran." You mumbled, Ran desires your happiness to be him but as said, he wants you free. Free to choose whatever you would like so he just watched you run outside.

Running to your happiness.

Ran just watches your back until he can no longer see a glimpse of you. He slumped on the floor with a bitter smile on his face.

Tears fell down from his face as he gripped the necklace in his pocket that he was about to give you because you're starting to open up to him, Izana picked a really wrong timing to get you back.

He was not even able to correct himself, he doesn't like you anymore. He loves you already.

Look at him lying to himself, he loves you genuinely that's why he's willing to pretend that he's fine just to see you happy. "Look at me being all pathetic, but at least you're happy." He gritted his teeth as tears continuously fell from his eyes.

"Damn this fucking tears." He mumbled as he wiped it off, the tears won't stop, the pain in his chest won't fade...he never knew that love can make you this foolish.

Ran bit his lower lip when the tears didn't stop, "Make sure that you'll be happy babe. You may not have been mine completely but I didn't regret being with you. Thank you for the memories, y/n. In another life, make sure to return my love, alright?"