xii

Mari grunted as she was thrown out of the moving vehicle, her hands were tied behind her back and she had a blindfold on her face

Mari grunted as she was thrown out of the moving vehicle, her hands were tied behind her back and she had a blindfold on her face. "Who's here with me?" A voice says making Mari freeze until she recognizes the voice. "It's just me Ji-yeong, It's Yi Mari. Are you alright?" Mari asks as she's trying to get the binds off her hands. "I will be once we get back to the hotel." Ji-yeong groaned out before Mari felt hands on her face lifting the blindfold off her eyes.

"Let me." Mari scooted slightly ignoring the pain on the rock dragging across her back, she used her teeth to help loosen the bonds that Ji-yeong has on. Once she got her hands untied she slipped her blindfold which is when Mari noticed that the two of them were wearing matching underwear and a top, Mari gulped and turned away so Ji-yeong can get better access to her hands. "Do you got your feet?" Ji-yeong asked as she was untying Mari's hands.

"Yea, thank you," Mari muttered as she reached down and started to get the flimsy cord off from around her legs. She watched as Ji-yeong grabs her clothes that were thrown out of the car with them, she tossed Mari her clothes which when she saw her jacket she grabbed and brought it up to her nose to smell. It smelled like home.

Mari grabbed her shirt and put it on before slipping the jacket on so she can stand up and put her jeans on without feeling too exposed in the night. After she slipped on her shoes she reached in her coat pocket but only to find nothing, she closed her eyes tightly and shook her head in shame as she remembered why. "What's wrong?" Ji-yeong asked worriedly as she walked over to Mari to place her hand on her shoulder. "I need to tell you the truth." Ji-yeong looked at Mari worried but nodded her hand and began to walk, gesturing for Mari to walk alongside her so they can try to find a place to stay. "The reason why I called them and had them pick me up was that I lost all the money I had gambling, that night when we had dinner to celebrate. I told you that I wanted some time to myself well that wasn't a total lie, the area that we went to was the street of one of the places that I gambled at a lot. The urge come back when I realized where I was, I didn't mean to lose all my money but I did, and then when I was about to go back to the hotel I realized how useless I was. I mean I lost everything, I thought what did I have to lose so I called them. And I don't regret calling them." Mari gulped as she nervously waited for Ji-yeong's response.

"I don't regret it either, as sad as I am that you lost our money I don't regret calling them. I just wish that they would've let us stay, that's such a huge amount of money. Think of what we could do with that." It was hard to see in the night but when Ji-yeong turned her head towards the lampposts or she was facing the moon Mari could see the excitement on her face at the thought of winning all that money. "I know, if they gave us a second chance I would take it. I can't believe that it came down to an old man, he for sure chose wrong but he probably wanted to get back to his kids." Mari moved so her arms were hugging herself, she flinched when an arm covered her shoulder but chuckled to herself as she started to relax when she realized that it was just Ji-yeong's arm.

"Least we're together," Ji-yeong muttered as she led the two of them up the rest of the incline that they were on so they can reach the street, Ji-yeong took her arm off of Mari's shoulder which caused her to mourn the contact but she stuffed her feelings away and pushed her hands into her coat pocket. "Looking for a cheap hotel?" Mari questioned watching as Ji-yeong nodded before responding. "Just somewhere we can stay for the night, I have a few wons in my pocket. Just enough for a room and some food to hold us over until tomorrow." Ji-yeong crumbled her hand and showed Mari the money that she still had.

Mari nodded and scanned the nearby buildings to see if she could see anything that resembled something close to a hotel, she saw a convince store that was good for the food that they would have to buy later on but they needed to find a place to stay for the night first. "There we go, can you get the room while I get some food?" Ji-yeong asks handing Mari a handful of money before pointing to the right building. "Uh sure," Mari said hesitatingly, she had so much to say like if Ji-yeong trusted her with this money but Mari pushed down the doubt and walked towards the hotel.

"Hi, can I get one room, please? Just a queen-sized bed is fine." Mari stated to the receptionist who looked bored but nodded as he typed on his computer. "13,802 won, please. That's for one night so you'll have to check out tomorrow." Mari nodded as she handed over the money, Ji-yeong gave her 14,000 won so she had just enough and was planning on handing the rest back to Ji-yeong so she could use it for something else that they would need.

"Room 6." The receptionist said handing Mari the room key, she nodded as she grabbed the key and walked towards the right room which was on the bottom floor, she tried the door and let out a slight sigh of relief when it worked, she didn't know why but she was expecting for it to not work. For her bad luck to continue but at least for today, it was still working.