v

As the two of them were walking together Mari had wrapped the sherpa coat tighter around her body

As the two of them were walking together Mari had wrapped the sherpa coat tighter around her body. They already had lunch this morning and Ji-yeong had kept her promise about having a nice dinner. Mari had told Ji-yeong to choose the spot which meant that it was a complete surprise for Mari as Ji-yeong had refused to tell her anything about dinner.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell me where we are eating?" Mari asked looking to her right at Ji-yeong with a teasing look on her face. Ji-yeong rolled her eyes before responding. "I don't because it's a surprise. Besides, we're almost there anyway." Mari shook her head fondly before she looked away from Ji-yeong to see if she can figure out where they were. Mari can vaguely remember something familiar about the street they were walking down but she couldn't put her finger on what it was that was sticking out to her when suddenly Mari noticed the sign. "Oh my god, Nadeulbeol! You remembered?" Mari stopped and turned towards Ji-yeong looking at her with wonder on her face. Ji-yeong grinned widely before nodding quickly. "Of course I did, I remember everything. I know it's not mingles or Joo Ok but at least this way we would still have some money leftover, for other things." Mari shook her head quickly at Ji-yeong. "It's not a big deal at all, I would rather you save the combined money that would help us in the long run." Mari giggled slightly before she sped up so she can open the door for Ji-yeong who shook her head at Mari but walked in.

"How many?" The nice woman at the counter said looking at the two girls. "Uh, two please" The woman nodded before grabbing two menus and she gestures for the two women to follow her towards their table. Mari was taken by surprise when Ji-yeong pulled out her seat for her but Mari didn't say anything as Ji-yeong took the seat opposite her. The woman who seated them smiled before leaving the two of them alone.

Mari watched as Ji-yeong grabbed the menu so Mari did the same looking it over before her eyes caught exactly what she wanted. "I'm glad you didn't pick a more expensive place," Mari spoke up folding the menu up for the waiter to take away when they came by to take their orders. "I agree, with our combined money we still have a lot but it went to a more fancy restaurant which, not that this place isn't fancy but you know what I'm trying to say." Mari nodded telling Ji-yeong to go on. "I remember that you told me before things got bad you liked this place, so I thought we should make new memories, I hope that's okay." Ji-yeong looked down pressing her lips together, Mari frowned and reached over to grab her hand which Ji-yeong took with a squeeze. "It's more than okay, I can't thank you enough for doing this. It means a lot." A cough interrupted them, Ji-yeong yanked her hand back quickly before looking towards the waiter with a false smile. Mari furrowed her brows but pulled her hand away and let it rest in her lap as she looked over the memory again with careful eyes. "And you?" The waiter had asked Mari once they were done speaking to Ji-yeong. "Oh uh, Hairtail Fish Soup please." Mari sucked her teeth before she handed over the menu, which the waiter took. "I'll have that right out for you two." The waiter said before grabbing Ji-yeong's menu and walking away towards the back.

Mari pressed her lips together as she looked around at the restaurant, it's changed so much since she last saw it. "What's wrong?" Ji-yeong asks breaking Mari out of her thoughts. Mari fake smiled before facing Ji-yeong and shaking her head. "Nothing." Mari tapped her fingers on the table, she could tell that Ji-yeong wanted to question her more but she was grateful when she didn't. Mari pushed the longer pieces of her bangs that framed her face behind her ears before she reached into her pocket, her hands were getting cold and she was going to put them in her pocket for warmth but her fingers touched money instead. She gulped as the urge to gamble came back to her, she knew that they had a casino nearby because that's where she gambled some of the time but she couldn't do that. She was better now. "Um, do you mind after we eat if I didn't go back to the hotel right now, I just want to look around here?" Mari asked before she could stop herself.

Ji-yeong pressed her lips together before she began speaking. "I don't mind, do you want me to come with you?" Mari shook her head before looking down at her fingers that were under the table, she had taken her hand out of her pocket and was gripping the money tightly before she quickly shoved the bills back in her pocket, she didn't want to lose them before she had a chance to win more. "No, I would like some time to myself if that's alright of course," Mari spoke carefully because the last thing she wanted to do was to hurt Ji-yeong's feelings, instead of responding Ji-yeong smiled and nodded before she leaned back in her seat.

A few minutes later the waiter brought over their food, Mari looked down at her pocket before making sure the bills wouldn't fall out and she grabbed the spoon before she started to sip her food. A smile graced her face which she didn't realize until she noticed Ji-yeong staring at her with a smirk on her face. "What? Do I have something on my face?" Mari asked before she started to wipe her mouth with the napkin self-consciously. "No, you just look at ease for once." Mari looked away so Ji-yeong couldn't see her blush as she continued to eat her food so she wouldn't say anything stupid.