A Match Made

I woke up panting. That was a dream? When did I fall asleep? I checked the clock: 3:33 A.M. I didn't want to go back to sleep so I just went through my social media.

I fell asleep again and woke up at 11 in the morning. I got up and got dressed. I wore a black tube top and mid-waist denim shorts with black sneakers. My hair was curly with a red headscarf and gold earrings. I took pictures of course and sent it to Instagram. My girls and Cory commented. 'Yess babes 😍' ,'Bestfraann!','Ni-Ni 💕', were all things the gang said. Cory said, 'Look at my gorgeous friend y'all 🥹'.

I smiled and liked all of their comments. Then, I had comments from random people since I know Cory. They said things like: 'Cory notice me senpai 🥺' , 'He be commenting on all of your pictures, are y'all dating?' , and 'She's so lucky, I wish he followed me'. I laughed. Cory and I are just friends. I left in my outfit since it was hot outside.

I went for a walk and ran into classmates. We chatted for a bit about how we did this semester and what classes we are taking this fall. I got a strawberry, peach, and banana smoothie and went back home. The seventy people are still on my mind. Cory claims that he's innocent but I'm going to prove his verdict. I don't know why but I feel like I should do it. Tonight, I'm going to track his IP address and follow him. This could be really dangerous. Nah, you gotta do it! I hope he isn't doing anything incriminating.

I tracked his phone and seen he wasn't home. He was at an unknown location. What the hell is he doing?

Cory's POV

Ok so I might've lied when I said I was done. I kidnapped this person because it was such a great opportunity. They were all alone and had no phone with them. The perfect victim. I drove them back to the secret location I had in my home state. I took them out of my car and carried them to the location. Once I got inside, I locked the door and got to business.

Niarra's POV

I got in my car and headed to this unknown location. Once I arrived, I realized it's just woods. Uh is Cory ok? I walked around for a bit. I discovered nothing so I headed back in my car. I hope he's ok, even if he's doing something illegal. I went back home and stopped tracking him. I took a screenshot of his location though in case of evidence.

I chilled for the rest of the day.

A week later...

I saw there's yet another missing person. I grunted in annoyance and threw my head back. Again?! I have no leads! I'm so frustrated, I'm about to give up. This is harder than it seems. Now I know why the police are having a hard time finding a suspect. Whoever is doing this, man are they good! I think it's a group but if it's one person... I'm highly impressed. You might be a sicko but you are one cunning son of a- I got interrupted by Val saying lunch's ready. I ate and then decided to examine the report later on. I might find something useful.

Cory's POV

It took a week to find out this person was missing. That was truly the perfect victim. Is the person dead? No. I decided to let this person starve because it was their birthday. I made a cake for them, their favorite. I took note of that and we had a little birthday party since no one cared about them. That's why they were out all alone. The cake was the last thing the person ate and that was three days ago. Sometimes I do nice things to counteract the savagery acts I do.

The person was happy and didn't care if they died afterwards. That's sad. They believe that they are insignificant enough to the point they want to die. I hate this type of victim because there's no fear in their eyes- it's just emptiness and boredom. I find no excitement in that at all. I left them in the location starving to death so that they had a slow and painful death.

Niarra's POV

After all this time, I finally found something useful: The location they were last seen. I don't know why but I looked at Cory's location data in the past week. Oh my...

It's a match! I stared into my wall with disbelief. Someone was lying to me... and it was Cory. It was Cory this whole time. Is he working in a group or alone? Does that even matter Niarra? He's involved in the missing person cases! I can't even look at him the same anymore. I abruptly burst out into tears, and slid down my wall into a fetal position.

What do I do?! God please help me! Guide me into the right direction. I'm stuck!