Let Me...

Like I wasn't present in the room, they conversed,more like argued about me marrying 'him' whoever he is, dad was hell bent on not allowing it to happen but was also torn because we would lose everything and would have to live off of mom's salary. Then came the issue of my parents being married in community of property so anything mom owned would also be put in the mix. I did mention that I have never been God's favorite right? Yeah, so sitting here listening to this argument I ended up deciding to do this, hopefully I won't regret my decision.
Me: "At least allow me to finish my degree, get a job then I'll marry whoever I'm set to marry. Just allow me to be independent first." I said after clearing my throat.
Dad: "No Ledi, I will fix this, you don't have to marry anyone."
Unknown Man: "No one will stop you from studying, or becoming independent. Your marriage will just be on paper, it is just to secure..." Dad interrupted him.
Dad: "Baby, you don't have to listen to him, you don't have to do this."
Unknown Man: "Reggie, you know there is no way around this."
Me: "Dad it's fine, I'll do it..." looking at this Unknown Man "Don't expect me to sleep with that man, don't expect any children to come from that marriage."
I then walked out going to the bathroom,  as soon as I closed the cubicle door, I sat on the closed toilet bowl and balled my eyes out. I mean, I don't think I'm ready to get married,  I'm not ready to be someone's wife but I've made my decision and I guess I should stick to it. Minutes after I sat on that toilet bowl, I heard the main door in the restroom open and my mom calling out for me, her cries were audible.
I got up, opened the cubicle door and when my eyes met I my moms, I cried even harder.
Mom: "My love, don't do this, we will figure out a way for us get out of this situation,  don't marry that boy."
I didn't say anything I just remained in my mom's arms until I calmed down.
Me: "Ma, don't worry about me, I'm a big girl, I might not know what I'm getting myself into but yeah, I'm a big girl I'll figure things out." I don't know if I'm trying to convince her or myself. She hugged me tightly and then lead us out to Dad's office. We found him sitting there, the man was no longer there, as soon as he saw us he quickly got up and hugged me. Upon letting go, we all sat down and he started talking.
Dad: "Ledi, I'm so sorry you have to go through this,  it's all my fault I shouldn't have made that deal, but I was young and eager to climb the corporate ladder and I didn't think I'd ever have a daughter. I had even forgotten about that contract." I just sat there quietly, but mom being mom, she started Screaming at him and cussing him out for 'selling' her daughter out.
Me: "Who am I marrying?" I asked after zoning out for a short while.
Dad: "One of André's sons."
Me: "Okay, when?"
Dad: "Next month." He looked down. "They will pay Lobola on Saturday, host us for supper that night. Sunday it will be your engagement party, then wedding planning begins."
Me: "WOW!!!!" That's honestly all I could say, I mean I just agreed to this 2 minutes and 35 seconds ago and now everything is all planned out down to the t.
Mom: "Nsikayomuzi I can't believe this, I can't believe you!!!" Mom stormed off, gave dad a brief look then followed after my mom. I found her waiting for the elevator,  when it opened we walked in an quietly and went straight to the car with no one speaking to the other.
.
So here I am, getting ready to meet my fiancé. I'm sitting on my bed putting my shoes on  dressed in a simple yet elegant cocktail dress, pale nude in color, paired with illusion heels and a nude clutch, nothing to write home about. My hair was styled by my regular hairdresser into a nice sleek updo, my face beat done by a make up artist hired by my mom, she insisted. After a final look at the mirror, I walked out and made my way to the lounge where my whole family was gathered, by whole I meant my parents and brothers. Speaking of my brothers, they hate what's happening but because I agreed, they just let me be, even though bhut'Phila said he would skin my husband to be alive if he tried anything funny with me. We left home, I was with my brother's and parents drove alone. We headed towards Beverly Hills Hotel for the dinner. A while later we were welcomed in house restaurant by André and his wife Stephanie. They then ushered us in whilst telling us that my husband to be was on his way, his flight had gotten delayed but he would be here in less than 20 minutes.