V

Saturday morning ~

it was 11 in the morning, my track meet just ended. I beat my school record on the long jump and Sadie got first on the 60m hurdles. All of our friends were there watching since they had nothing better to do that morning. We were all driving to go get breakfast at a Waffle House near by.

-"damn, Will. i forgot how fast you are." El stated.
-"I know right, you won first in everything. Unbelievable." Dustin laughed.
-"what about me?" Max sarcastically sighed.
-"no. you're slow." Lucas mocked her, jokingly. Making her laugh.

-"I heard Jenni jones is having a party at her house tonight, I thought we should all go. It's been a while since all of us done something like that." Lucas stated.
-"yes, and it's wills first year back! He hasn't been to one with us, it'll be great."
-"sure, I don't have anything else to do." I said.

we all agreed, I was a little stoked but same time not excited. I hate being the awkward person at a party, but I'm not a frat boy. It's just weird. But at least Mike was going to be there.

i mean max, I'm only going for max. she's my best friend.

now that I think of mike, he's been quiet all morning, I wonder why that is. He looked okay, just unusually quiet.
I was going to ask if he was alright, but he left before I got a chance. It's okay, I'll just ask him at the party.

we all hung out for the rest of the day, i showered as soon as I got home so I didn't smell bad after sweating all morning.
I still had a lot going on in my mind, my dad, Mike, track, etc. but I feel like tonight I could get a break from everything going on in my life.
i wanted to let myself loose tonight,

i never should've wished for that.

max picked me up from my house, as usual. I wasn't wearing anything fancy. I was wearing a white tee shirt with a red flannel, and gym shorts. What I usually wear. She was wearing a tee shirt and jeans. She and I talked the whole 4 miles to jennifer jones house. I remember her from the first grade, we dated for a week. Then again, it was the first grade. She doesn't care for me much anymore, and I could say the same about her. She grew up to be too preppy and quirky.

max stopped her car in the loaded street and we walked out and met up with Lucas, mike, dustin, and el inside the house. The house was full of athletes and frat boys. It was incredibly packed. I got a good look at mike. He was wearing Nike shorts and an American eagle hoodie with a beanie on his head. We could hear the rain begin pouring on the house so they tuned the music louder.

-"do you want a drink?" Mike walked up to be with a beer in his hand.
i was a little surprised, but I shouldn't be. He's a star jock, you think he would turn down a drink of alcohol?
-"sure, thanks." I smiled, taking the bottle from his hand.

There it goes, the awkwardness of watching everyone already drunk. It was only 9pm.

after a few hours, I was drunk. I wanted this, I really wanted to let myself go. But I could barely think. Why did I let this happen?
mike noticed I had drank a lot, he tried his best to get me to sober up. I had no idea why, none of my friends were trying to. In fact they wanted me to stay drunk. Mike was making me drink water for 30 minutes straight, by that time I could walk in a straight line and think better, but wasn't necessarily completely sober.

-"can we talk, Will?" He asked.
-"sure, what about?"

i get a little confused when he takes my arm and brings me upstairs to a room and shuts the door quietly.

-"what's going on..?" I asked.
-"I just wanted to say.. i-"

he paused for a long time, trying to think of what he was going to say next. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. At that point I couldn't tell if he was super drunk of just nervous or both?