X

TW

i walked past them, they didn't even notice me but the bags in the trunk. I watched them from the car with my window rolled down so I could hear what they were saying.

-"c'mon mike, why can't we?" She begged.
-"I'm not interested in you." he rolled his eyes.
-"you know you are, you look stressed. You need a distraction."

mike didn't say anything, he just let her kiss him.
I was shocked.. was he lying to me?

he's not attracted to me.

i was so angry, but yet hurt. I rolled my window all the way down as I stopped in front of them.

-"hey, jenni!" I waved, making them both look at me.
me and mike made eye contact, for a long time. He saw how hurt I was, but I hid it so Jennifer couldn't see.
-"hey will! Good job on your long jump last week!" She congratulated me.
i smiled at her, and looked at mike one last time before driving away. I could see the regret and guilt in his eyes. I sped my way home crying my eyes out. I can't believe I loved him. I can't believe I still love him.

He promised me.

He promised I had nothing to worry about.

he promised he would never hurt me like every one in my life has.
look at where we are now.

I stopped the car outside my house, and took the bags inside and put them away in a rush. As soon as I was done, I ran to my room and cried my eyes out. I walked out of the house and to castle Byers. i cried harder than I ever have. I destroyed everything inside. All the things Mike gave to me, were thrown everywhere. I cried and cried for what seemed like hours, it started to rain. But I didn't have to energy to get up. Not until I heard a voice from the distance.

mikes voice.

-"Will! I know you're out here! Please talk to me!" his voice cracked.

I got out and turned around to see him running towards me. He stopped 5 feet away, he tried smiling at me.

-"will, please I can explain."
-"go on." I cross my arms.
-"I don't.. I was just coming for beer, she stopped me and kept on trying to seduce me. i told her no! Please you have to Believe me!"
-"mike, I was there. You let her do that to you."
-"will, I swear it was an accident! I was just upset with everything, I tried to get her away. I didn't want to hurt you."

I laughed at his bullshit.

-"you're a lier."
-"I'm not lying! I didn't mean too! I wish I could take it back, please will!" He started to cry.
-"god, i really wish I would've thought things through with you. I fell in love with you! and you do this? i was there for you! and it was nothing to you!"
-"you love me?"

I started to cry, so I tried to leave. As I was walking past him, he tried to grab my arm but I pulled it away, but it was too late. He already saw and felt what was on my wrist. They were old, but he still felt guiltier then before.

-"I don't want to talk to you. Ever again."

i walked away, as rain poured on me. I was crying even more. I can't believe what had just happened. It all felt like a bad dream. i want to believe him, so badly. but I didn't know what to think, how to feel, nothing. I just felt so alone now. He was the only thing that helped me feel better about myself. Now what? I don't want to live like that ever again.

i cant.