crossed the line

Okay this is a request from Cross1237 ^^ Hope you enjoy it

Trigger Warning: mentioning of Selfharm and Depression.
Please only read when you are in a Safe place and feel okay to read this. ^w^

The Night was cold and windy. He stared at his boney hands, dark bruises with small cracks appeared after punching into the wall. The sharp pain felt like a sort of comfort that pushed away the original pain of traumatizing memories. Tears were close to fall out of his eyesockets, the bags underneath his sockets were a hint that he didn't sleep the past few days. The skeleton held his hand over his mouth to holdback his sobs. A whimper escaped his body and he mentally kicked himself for that. There was a knock at the door, he looked up with wide sockets and scrambled into a corner of his room to hide. "Cross?" He heard Nightmare ask and knowing his Boss's ability to sense negative energy, he knew he would lose the game of  hide and seek eventually. "I am coming in" Nightmare opened the door and saw instantly the shape that Cross was in. The goopy skeleton rushed over to the other and took a good look at Cross's hands. "Ohh Cross what happend?!! Who did that??" Nightmare asked with a hint of anger but more with concern. Cross stayed silent and looked at the ground. He didn't know what to say. Silence filled the room, only the wind was heard outside. Nightmares eye went wide, as he realized what must have happend and he frowned. "Oh Cross..." Cross looked away and began to sob softly, his hands shook, such as his body too. Night pulled Cross into his arms and put his tentacles gently around the shaking skeleton, to keep reassure him that he was safe. "I-i....i-it hurts...s-so much....t-to see everything....v-vanish! I want a real family....m-my f-father... crossed the line" Cross screamed and sobbed violently into Nights chest. Nights eye was closed, as he created a calming and safe aura, listening to the crying skeleton. He rubbed small circles on the oreos back. "Shhh......it's okay...remember....you have a family here now...everyone here in the castle cares about you....i know its hard to lose the loved ones you are raised with....but there is always a place for you in other peoples heart. Family can be anyone, you don't have to be related by blood or bone." Cross listened to Nightmares soothing words, the shaking had stopped, only the stinging pain of the injured hands was left by now. The reassurance Nightmare gave him felt warm. It gave him a loved feeling in his soul, something he felt long ago. He felt home here in the castle, a feeling he didn't believe he would feel anymore after all, since he had lost his AU and original family. Cross wiped his tears away and cuddled closer to Nightmare, who still was hugging him. "Let's get your wounds treated! After that you going to join us in the living room to watch a movie" Nightmare teleported a first aid kit to himself and took out some bandages. He then wrapped up Cross's hands into them and patted his head afterwards. "There you go, now i want you to come to any of us If you have thoughts like that ever again. We care about you!" Cross looked at Nightmare with tear filled eyesockets and smiled with joy and hugged his boss.