Chapter 4

Jasmine POV

Jay got off of Raheem as the librarian ran over and called the principal.

She looked at me and her face widened in shock.

"Oh my god baby what happened to your face?"

I stood there in silence while her and Jay looked at me. Soon the principal came with the nurse.

"What happened here?"

Before I could speak Jay interrupted.

"I came in here to study and heard them yelling at each other and then he hit her so I jumped on him. I dont respect no dude that's gone hit a female and he got what he deserved."

"Well son i dont allow violence but since you were helping the young lady i will let you slide, but Mr. Raheem here will be suspended for a couple of days to get hisself together."

They picked Raheem up and carried him to the nurses office.

The principal looked at me eyeing my cheek.

"Jasmine you might want to put some ice on that cheek, and if you would like to file charges just have your parents come talk to me."

"No thanks," I said looking down. He turned and walked away. "They probably wouldn't care anyway," I mumbled.

Jay was still looking at me closely. I started to walk away.

He grabbed my hand not letting me go any farther.

"Jas I'm sorry. You know I never meant to leave you alone with them."

Tears pricked my eyes then started to trickle down my face.

I had missed Jay but I didnt want to talk to him right now.

See Jay was my bestfriend since kindergarten he had always protected me when I was little and up until we were tenth grade when he moved away.

He knew everything about me and even how my parents treated me. He always asked his mom if I could stay at his house almost every night if I didnt want to go home. When he moved my heart was broken, he was the only protector I had and I just felt incomplete without him. I went into depression and stopped eating and stopped talking to anyone. The only person that I communicated with was Kayla because we had been friends since third grade and she was all I had left.

What made Jay moving so bad was that he didnt even tell me.

I had to find out when i came to school the next day and more people started to bother me saying I didnt have him here to protect me anymore. I called him and asked him about it and he sure enough had moved and he acted like it was no big deal that he didnt tell me.

I never spoke to him again after that.

"Jas I'm sorry ..but Im back now."

I looked at him and looked at his features. He hadnt changed much but he had gotten a little buffer. His hair was in what they call a thot hair cut but he looked cute with it. He was still caramel his light brown eyes were still glowing like before.

I really did miss him. I missed my bestfriend.

I guess he knew what i was thinking because he put on his signature smirk. I shook my head and giggled a little because he's still the same.

"I missed you Jas. I really did I missed having you as my bestfriend."

"I missed you to Jay," I said smiling up at him.

"Let's be bestfriends again like old times. Me and you. J & J..."

I laughed at our nickname for us together. We made it like that because our names both start with J. His real name is Jasean.

I hugged him and we put our promise rings together that we got fourth grade and we never took them off.

"J & J forever.." We said in unison

Awwwww Howww Sweeet..blehh

VOTE & COMMENT ...PLEASEE...

What yall think of Jay?

Their friendship?