chapter 2 (the strange figure)

Me and the Plantars stood on a cliff staring at Wartwood, shocked. We knew Andrius was bad, but there was no way he did all this... right?

As we started to walk down to the town, it just got worse. Everything was destroyed and the sky was a reddish-orange color. We all just stood there in disgust before Hop Pop spoke up. "Wait, our house! OUR FARM!" He started running in the direction of the house. We all tried to catch up, but he was way too fast.

When we got there, to our surprise the house was still standing. It was a little messed up, but still intact. Bessie and Microangelo were alright too.

We all decided to walk inside, but when we did, a net fell, and we all got trapped. Someone with a red helmet and armor on walked out of the house and began to pull us inside. They pulled on a painting to reveal a secret passage. They pulled us inside but were less gentle this time. "Hey, watch it! We're living things too!" I said angrily. I got no response.

When we got to the end of the passage, we were all shocked. There was a whole bunker in here. It was huge! "We had this in our house?!" Hop Pop asked.

The mysterious figure dropped us to the ground causing the net to come undone. My whole body was so sore from being thrown around. Despite the pain, we all slowly stood up.

When the weird person saw my face, they gasped. I knew they were a girl now. "Ugh, thanks for the warm welcome," I said to her. Pretty soon, all of the frogs in Wartwood came out of their hiding spots. They gasped just like the girl the did.

I was shocked. How were they all here? What were they all doing here? I had so many questions but I heard the girl said from behind me, "Anne?" I turned around and saw her taking off the big helmet. "You're back!?" It took me a minute to realize who it was.

It was Sasha! I immediately ran over and hugged her despite what she did in Newtopia. I bet she didn't expect that because she didn't hug me back right away. When the hug split we just awkwardly stood staring at each other for a second. I looked down at Sprig and saw him with his slingshot aimed at Sasha.

Since no one else would speak, I decided to. "Sasha, what are you doing in Wartwood?"

"Well, someone had to protect the frogs."

"Wow, that's actually really nice of you." There was a pause for a second "I don't forgive you quite yet, but let's put our personal baggage aside for now."

"Sounds good."

We shook hands. Sasha shouted out to the frogs "Members of the resistance, meet your newest members!" After she said that, all the frogs started to cheer. After they finished, Sasha sent the Plantars off to their own room, and she took me into another with the entrance being covered with a curtain.

"Anne, now that you're back, you're gonna be my second in command. We need your help to defeat Andrias."

"Ok, sounds easy enough."

"It's not easy. You do realize we have to defeat all of the frogs, toads, and newts he has guarding the castle and all of the robots he has tracking us. And after that, we have to actually face him."

"Well, when you put it that way." I thought for a second. "What about Marcy?"

"She's being held at the castle, but she's still alive." I let out a sigh. "But we have no idea what Andrias is gonna do with her.

There was a moment of silence before Grime came barging in, in a panic. "Hey, Sasha there's... Oh hey, Anne. Can I talk to Sasha for a second?" "Oh yea, of course!" I said walking out of the room. I stood right outside, but I quickly realized that this curtain isn't very soundproof.

"Sasha, there's a whole army of Andrias's robots outside!" I heard Grime say. "What are we gonna do?"

"Well, we can't say anything to frogs just yet. I don't want to worry them." Sasha replied.

"But isn't this what we trained them to do?"

"Yes, but they're not ready yet. Let's go."

I heard their footsteps get closer and quickly dashed across the room. Sasha walked out of the room with the curtain and out of the basement. I have to follow her. I thought to myself.

I walked out of the basement to see her fighting a robot. That looks a lot like the robot on Earth. I kept my distance so no one would see me. It looked like she was doing pretty good at first but out of nowhere, the robot knocked 1 of the 2 swords she had out of her hand. I gasped. I couldn't just stay on the side.

I grabbed a random umbrella from off the floor and jumped out and started beating the robot. "Anne!? What are you doing?" Sasha said now on the ground, reaching for her sword. "Cant you tell? I'm saving you." I replied in an angry tone.

Sasha got up and stabbed the robot from behind causing it to fall over. She put her swords in her belt and walked past me. "Sasha, wait!" I said running towards her.

"Were you eez dropping on us?"

"In my defense, that curtain isn't exactly soundproof."

"That's still not an excuse."

"Ugh, can we stop fighting about this? If we want to save Marcy we can't be like this."

"You're right. We have to focus on what's important. Saving Amphibia."