Voicemail

(After Spiderman No Way Home)
I swear listening to opening sequence while writing this did something to me.

Peter sat atop the familiar building. The one where he and his friends would retreat to whenever things used to become overwhelming. The place where he met the only two people who ever understood him and who Peter had, within a short time, accepted as his brothers.

With a cup of coffee in hand and his mask pulled to just till the bridge of his nose. He watched over the city sipping his coffee. A sudden buzz from his phone pulled his attention. Peter pulled out his phone and saw that it was a voice message from his boss.
He ignored it, making a mental note to check it later. He began scrolling through his phone when his eyes landed on something that intrigued him. Strange may have made everyone forget who Peter Parker was but he couldn't hack everyone's phone and get rid of him from their contacts and thus Peter found himself staring at his phone.

His thumb hovering over a particular message.
Fear clouded his senses. He wanted to hear her voice once again even if she wasn't his anymore. He didn't want to let go of the memories he shared with everyone. So now Peter found himself pressing the phone to his year. His grip was a bit too tight which probably would result in a slight crack.

"Peter, where are you? I'm waiting for Delmars and I am now running very thin on patience so hurry up already dork or are you stuck Spidermaning" MJ's voice flowed through his ears.

Peter then played another one of the voicemails.

"Dude I managed to get my hands on two tickets to the new Star Wars movie. Meet me at 6 tomorrow" Ned's enthusiastic voice boomed. A sad smile spread across Peter's lips before he played another.

"Kid, could you get some cheeseburgers on your way to the tower." Tony stated more than asked, and that was it.

A tear slided down the boy's rosy cheeks followed by another, and another. Hands trembling and taking short and shaky breaths Peter played another.

"Peter, where are you? It's almost midnight. Call me as soon as you get this." May's gentle and worried voice bloomed through the speaker. Peter felt more tears fill his eyes at the memory. He had been out being Spiderman. He refused to return home with the numerous injuries he had. This was of course before May found out he was Spiderman.

"I miss you guys." The brunette whispered. His vision was blurred with his tears. This was the first time after everything happened that he dared to hold on to the past more closely.

It caused a fire to ignite in his heart. Rage bubbled within him. He wouldn't let anyone else suffer. He promised to help people. He'll try everything in his power to protect everyone around him. No one deserved to go through the same pain he faced.

Peter heard a series of sirens. He pulled down his mask completely hiding his face and began to free fall. Whilst elegantly falling he let his mind get clear. The whistling of the wind against his ear and the surge of adrenaline coursing through his veins.

He extended his arm pressed down his fingers. A web shot and he held onto it tugging it with force and began to swing. Another web. Another rush.

Hey guys thank you so much for 161k reads. I don't even know what to expect of this book anymore. I larb you guys 3000 😘