Chapter 10

Gipsy's Pov.

"First time I seen ya without that helmet, starten to think you had no face." I rolled my eyes as I kept my focus on the holoscreen. I kept my straight posture as I pretty much catch up on what was happening in the world. I had been reading up on the coastal wall project and found it to be bullshit. "Not much of a talker are ya?" I still didn't answer him as I continued reading, I looked to him slightly as he sighed quietly and looked to what I was reading. "I see your readen up on the wall, load up crap if ya ask me." he huffed as he leaned on the table a bit. 

"Something we both can agree on, they wish to shut us down because they think we aren't able to keep them safe, yet" I pulled up a video of where a Kaiju broke through the wall in under 2 hours "They think this wall will save them." I turned to screen where it was easier for both of us to see. "You're the one who took this one down, if I'm correct." I looked to him slightly, still keeping my scars hidden. "Yea, they were getten ready to ship me out too. Couple minute later and I woulda been long gone." he huffed as he looked to the screen then me. 

"Yea...i've also see you made a new world record as well, 10th take down. Very impressive." I nodded to him as most Jaegers didn't come close to it. "Ah it's nothing." he brushed it off, but I could hear it in his voice that he was smirking. I huffed a small smirk as I shook my head and turned the screen back to me. "You were pretty impressive as well; I have heard of ya in world down under. An American legend, especially after your disappearance."  I looked to him slightly as he spoke "Hey what happen that night, nothing was released." I looked down as he asked.

I glanced to the door without moving my head before staring back to the screen. I was silent a few moments before I began to speck "Much rather not talk about that night....." I lifted my left arm that had been replaced after the kaiju tore it off. Silents filled the room a while, I lifted my head as I heard him stand up. He took part of his armor off of his upper left arm, under the armor was a nasty scar running up his arm. "That was from my 3ird Kaiju, fucker got ahold of my arm and wouldn't get off. I got cocky with the fight and that's what made me slip up." I watched him as he put the armor piece back in place.

I raised a brow as I didn't know why he was showing me his scars "I fail to see why your showing me that." He looked back to me as he stepped closer to me, which I watched him closely. "You still see it." my body stiffened up a bit as I stared at the screen. "You hear its roar...still feel the pain the Kaiju inflicted. That's the reason you kept attacking me, ya know i'm right" he continued as he watched me, I didn't answer at first as I listened. 

"Look, I know what it's like...I felt the same after my first few fights. I couldn't get the nightmares out of my head for months." I looked down slightly as I thought.

Striker's Pov.

I watched Gipsy as I finished talking, I sighed as I didn't get her to talk. I was going to just leave but "What made them stop.." I turned back to Gipsy as she stood up slowly. I watched as she turned her head to face me fully, my eyes widened under my helmet at the sight of her face. The three claw marks over the right side of her face and her eye being dull showing she had lost her sight. 'Damn...she really did lose a lot in that fight...' I thought as I looked her face over. I moved over where I stood in front of her.

"I talked about it to those who care most about me." I had taken my helmet off as I had spoken "You see those scars as a sign that you failed. But you didn't, you got them protecting others and you survived." I didn't see the scars as shameful; I saw them as a sign that she had given everything to protect those she cares for. The fact that she was trying to hide her pain, showed she was still trying to be strong for others when she didn't have too.

"Why are you telling me this?" she stared at me with a slight frown, I rubbed the back of my head a bit. "Well over the last few weeks we been here, I have grown to admire ya. I'd actually like it if ya excepted my friendship." I watched her slightly as she seemed to be deep in thought. "Yea.....I'd like that.."

'Well, this is a start.' I smirked a bit as I watched her put her helmet back on.

Hoped you guys liked it.

Please leave a comment of what you think.