Chapter 15 : Big Mistakes, Big Regrets

Normal P.O.V

The knights came and were shocked. For once, in their entire time as knights, there weren't any corrupted soldiers. But in replace, Bravenwolf was there, just standing. Even the Corekai is frozen in place due to confusion and fear.

Dromus: Beag, What's wrong?.

Beag: We're not sure, Dromus. Bravenwolf just came but has not attacked.

Tributon: Could he be waiting for for-AKKKH!!!.

All: Tributon!!!.

With a flash, Bravenwolf came to Tributon for a one-on-one battle. Setting up a barrier in the process. The others tried to help but Tributon assured them that he will be okay.

"This could be his way to ask for help..."-Tributon

Bravenwolf: Let's get this over with...

Wasting no time, Bravenwolf immediately slashed his sword at Tributon. Which he responded with an arrow. They went back and forth, no holding back.

But this is where things go downhill...

Tributon: Hm, I didn't think that you'd be such an attention seeker.

Bravenwolf: *deep tone* What do you know about him?. Of all the Tenkai Knights, shouldn't you be the one who's first to unlock his shield?.

Tributon:Maybe, but I know Guren is strong enough to face someone like you!.

Bravenwolf: Hmph! What do you even know about him?!.

Tributon: Oh I know him well. Well enough to know that he's stronger than you!.

The other knights can only watch them. Not long after Bravenwolf challenged Tributon to the duel, a few Corrupted soldiers came and attacked them. Not much to make an army, so they know that this was just a distraction. However, they kept on looking at the fight with....concern.

Why?.

Because unlike them, who fought Bravenwolf hard yet with kindness. Tributon just went for it. The others, who know about how fragile Guren's real emotions are right now, didn't yell at him to go back to his old self. But convinced him that he's not alone. Sure they ask him to come back, but not like what Tributon is doing.

Lydendor: Hey, is it just me, or do I have a bad feeling about this.

Valorn: Me too. It's almost like Tributon is forcing his emotions on Bravenwolf.

Venetta: Let's just hope he knows what he's doing.

Dromus: Same here.

Meanwhile, with Tributon and Bravenwolf the battle was intense. Smoke was all over the barrier, and those two didn't even care. But little did Tributon know, the real Guren was watching them. And is having a panic attack due to Tributon's words.

"Stop it!. I'm not strong!'

Tributon: C'mon Guren I know you are stronger than this. Fight it!.

Bravenwolf: Why won't you just shut up!..

Tributon: No!. He's stronger than this!. He is the strongest amongst all of us. He's the strongest person I've met!.

"No!... I'm not!...."

Bravenwolf: Don't you get it?!. Your friend is NOT strong!. He's suffering because of you!.

Even the evil side of Guren was furious. Despite the way he acts, he is just Guren. Yet Corrupted by Villlius with his self-hate and bad memories. Hearing the real him inside shouting, he was being unstable.

Tributon: It's time to finish you!!.

Bravenwolf: N-no.....STOP!!.

"Tributon Tenkai Titan Iceblast, Go!!."

The attack landed a straight hit. Even the barrier around Bravenwolf and Tributon is now gone. Everything was silent. The others came towards them and saw Bravenwolf on his knees, not saying/doing anything.

Lydendor: B-Bravenwolf... Are you okay?.

He didn't answer. Until he started breathing uncontrollably. And there were dark tenkai energy bursting around him. Everyone else was shocked and tried to help him.

Valorn: What's happening?!.

Tributon: I don't know!.

"Wasn't this how they do it?!."-Tributon.

Bravenwolf: *hardly breathing* Ha... Ha....AAAAKKKKHHHHH!!!.

Guren let out a painful scream. Then, Dark Tenkai Energy was all around him, forming some kind of beam to the sky. The knights tried to stop it, but there was no controlling it.

Tributon: *eyes widened* Bravenwolf...

Venetta: We have to stop that energy burst!.

Dromus: But how?!.

Suddenly, another dark energy beam came right at them. Splitting the knights and teleporting themselves to Bravenwolf. Once the dust had cleared, three evil robots can be seen from the distance.

Slyger: Oh my, this is worst than we thought.

Granox: *inside smirk* Hehehe, to think you knights can be so cruel...

Dromus: What do you mean?!.

The one in the center was Villius. He calmly walked over to Bravenwolf who was still bursting with dark reclaim energy. Bravenwolf slowly looked over at Villius, whose hand was in front of him.

Bravenwolf: W-what are you-...

Villius: Tenkai Seal!!!.

Bravenwolf: AKKKKKH!!.

All of the sudden, the Corrupted Wolf Emblem appeared and harshly absorbed the Tenkai Energy around it.
Bravenwolf stopped screaming but was slowly losing consciousness. He eventually did, turning him back into his Core Brick. Villius then put his Core inside an energy ball and tried to make a run for it, only to be stopped by the knights.

Tributon: Stop it right there!.

Valorn: Don't you dare hurt him!.

Villius: Hurt him?. I was just cleaning up your mess.

Dromus: What do you mean?.

Villius: Since I'm practically connected by this fool, I saw that he was sending you the nightmares/memories he had inside him. That's why you were able to connect with him. With your so-called feelings. However, with those feelings came to an image of how you think of your friend. Imagine him correctly and one of his chains is lifted. Image incorrectly, and your friend suffers.

Everyone was stunned. Especially Tributon. How?. He knew Bravenwolf longer than anyone. So, why?.

Slyger: Now, he's more corrupted than before!.

Granox: Don't expect us to lose next time, knights!.

Villius: And don't expect the same Bravenwolf as well...

With a blast of energy, the three were gone. Leaving everyone frozen in place. They have failed. Just one more step, then they failed him again!.

"Is this all, my fault?...... "-Tributon

Author's Notes

Why do you guys have to put this in your read list when I was in write-block(〒_〒). Now I'm regretting not writing anything during my school break-

Hehehe, don't worry. I'm happy that you all liked my story. And I think I'll be writing again soon. Since there's a difference in my life than before.

See you next time~