Chapter 4

Safa's POV

I watch as the secretary whose name I now know as Angela, calls the fifth candidate. 

The interview seems to be going on at a good pace and with every passing minute, I can feel my nerves becoming more relaxed. I draw a sigh of relief as I watch Angela close the door after the candidate. She'd told us earlier that we were the few selected from about twenty five candidates that had applied for this position. I am not surprised that so many people applied for the position, but the screening was a tough one. 

Only seven candidates were called in for an interview. And I guess I got lucky. I am the seventh candidate. My mind begins to wonder what might be going on inside his office. Thankfully, I had looked up some interview questions and I'm not at all nervous about that. 

But what would it be like to meet Ian Trace in person? Is he really as arrogant as people say he is? 

I try to stop myself from doing it, but I cannot. I cannot stop my hearing and vision capabilities. I hear things whether or not I want to. So, without making any movements, I listen in to the conversation going on behind his closed door.

****

Ian's POV

"What makes you stand out from the rest of the candidates?" 

I ask Mena, the fifth candidate that had walked in. I relax back in my chair, twirling my pen between my index and middle finger, waiting for her answer. I make it a point to make eye contact with her. Her shoulder-length Red hair is striking, that's for sure. She has on a knee-length black pencil skirt and a camisole with a white blazer. 

Her skirt does not fail to showcase her curves. Her camisole exposes more than the normal amount of cleavage. I smile mentally as I take note of her physical features. 

Strike 2. She's definitely not my type. 

Then my eyes follow her as she stands up and walks up to the corner of my desk. Then she flashes me a smile - one that I am all too familiar with. I give a smirk as I watch her display her act.

"I am very different, Mr. Trace." She begins. And then she boldly raises her left hand to begin rubbing my right shoulder. "I can do anything." She emphasizes the word "anything." I sigh inwardly as I begin to get bored with her stunt. 

And then after a few more minutes of her saying absolutely nothing relevant, I place my pen on the paper in front of me and lean forward. She is taken by surprise for a second and begins to work her charms again, her eyelashes doing most of the work.

I interlock my fingers beneath my chin as I stare into her eyes,

"You're too loose. You can leave now."

Then I sit back as I watch her gather whatever dignity she has left, give a heavy scoff, and then walk out the door.

I laugh wryly as I recall the scene in my head. And then I sigh.

She's definitely not my type. None of them are.

Then I crumple up the paper I had been writing on as I make a throw for the basket at the far corner of my office.

I relax back on my seat with another empty sheet of paper as I wait for the next candidate.

****

Safa's POV

I raise my eyebrows in shock as the fifth candidate storms out of the office in rage.

"He is so arrogant! How could he not want me?!"