Chapter 9

S.H.I.E.L.D.HQ

"Will you stop tapping your shoes on the ground, it's annoying"

"Sorry, I'm nervous okay? You can't blame me"

"You? Nervous? Since when?"

"Since you asked me to go back?"

"Oh come on, you know well that you coming back is for Amelia's sake"

"I know that! I'm just nervous because after all this time I thought I'd never see her again. But here I am, in your office waiting for her arrival"

"But remember, you asked to never tell her about you right away, so you're gonna need to used your alias name"

"TJ?"

"No you dimwit! Alastair Thaddeus"

"Oh yeah! I totally forgotten about that name"

"Then start using it again from now on if you don't want her to figure it out"

"Yes Nicky" he glared at him. He knows he hated being called that name but he still does it.

They heard a knock on the door signaling that the team have arrived. Fury opened it and let them all in.

"Do we have another agent that I don't know about?" Amelia asked right away, she's staring at TJ in confusion.

Tarrick Jones couldn't believed who's in front of him. This is her. This is Amelia, his daughter. After so many years he finally get to see her again. Thanks to Nicky. His little flashback was interrupted by Nicky explaining why he was here.

"Uhm no...everyone meet Alastair Thaddeus" Fury introduced him and he stood up to shake hand with her.

He shook her hand. And for the first time in so many years. He felt the connection between him and his daughter again. He's been longing for this moment for so long. He missed her so much.

"Nice to meet you sir" Amelia said still not getting the point of them being here. As if reading her mind, Fury started explaining why he was here.

"He is an old comrade. He retired a few years ago but I asked him for a favor" he explained while the others just listen intently.

"He will be your mentor from now on" he said looking at TJ.

"I'm sorry, what? Mentor? For what?" Amelia asked.

"I just thought that you will need an extra training especially now that there is a big threat after us" Amelia know damn well that "us" is supposed to be "her". But she let him continue.

"He's one of the top agent back in his days that's why I chose him to trained you guys again" he explained further.

"And why do you think we still need more training now that we are one of the top as well?" Javi asked this time. Amelia agreed with him on that one.

"He had a pretty good point" she said agreeing with Javi.

"Because, being on top isn't good enough. You need to be ready and alert at all cost. You'll never know when your enemy is going to attacked" TJ explained this time.

"But that's why we've been trained before, and until now we're still training non-stop just to protect ourselves" Amelia said somewhat annoyed with the idea of being mentored. Sure she already went through with this but that doesn't mean she'd like to go through with it again.

"I think it will be a good advantage for us" Peter spoke this time.

"Are you serious?" Amelia asked looking at him in disbelief.

Just as he expected. She's stubborn as hell just like him. He's glad that even if he weren't there most of her life, his father manage to raised her as an independent and brave woman. He couldn't be more prouder.

"Look, I'm doing this for your safety okay? What we're facing right now is a tough one. They are no joke just like HYDRA. They're dangerous and they will stop at nothing to get what they want" Fury said firmly. He looked Amelia straight in the eyes. Daring her to say anything to argue. The girl only glared at him but he knows she already accepted it.

"Alastair you start with them on Saturday. 8am sharp. Make sure all of you are present. I want you in your best shape"

"Your training will be on weekends only, considering you still have an ongoing mission"

"Sir yes sir" they all said at the same time. Fury nodded at them.

"Good. Everyone dismiss except you Thaddeus" Fury said looking at him. When everyone finally left the office Tarrick let go of his breath he didn't know he was holding the whole time.

"Stubborn isn't she?" Fury said looking at him with a hint of teasing in his eyes.

"Yeah. Just like me" he said chuckling softly.

"She's all grown up now. I missed so much of her life. I don't even know what she like, does she have a boyfriend-" Fury cut him off.

"She doesn't have one. Since birth. All she does is work, trained and go home to your father" he explain to him.

"That's...interesting. Are you sure she never had a boyfriend? Or you just don't want me to know because I would go all protective mode?" he asked curiously.

"She never had one I promise. Although, Clint might be planning something" Fury said interestingly while scratching his chin.

"Clint?"

"My right hand. I remember him telling me he was planning to set Amelia up with someone but he didn't said a name though" Fury saw the curiousity in his eyes so he decided to continue.

"But I think I already have an idea who it is" he said smirking at Tarrick. While Tarrick just raised his eyebrows at him questioningly.

"Remember Agent Garcia earlier? He already save her life twice even if they only met a couple weeks ago. He was assigned here at New York compound and they currently have a mission together along with their team"

"Huh. Is it weird that we're talking about my daughter's love life right now?" Tarrick asked feeling a bit stupid with himself.

"You've gone all curious dad on her. The least I can do is tell you how she's been doing all these years"

"Thank you. For always looking after her Nicky. I owe you big time" he said sincerely.

"I did promise that I would look after her for you. But now that you're back, you can be there for her from now on. You can protect her just like what you did before"

Tarrick think back on the day he made the most hard decision of his life. It was the day he would never forget. He had to leave Amelia in order to protect her. She was just a baby when he left her at his father's doorstep with a note saying to take good care of her and love her like his own daughter. He regret ever leaving her just like that. It broke his heart that he couldn't be there for her most of her life. He never get to see her walked her first step, first word and the rest of her childhood days. Now that he's back he will make sure that no one will ever hurt his daughter again.

"But this time without leaving her side. I promise I will do anything in my power to protect her from any danger. Even from her own flesh and cold blooded mother"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Sup ya'll!

Tarrick Jones is back in the flesh. Father and daughter finally met. Would he succeed on his mission on protecting Amelia? Or the enemies will conquer this time?

Stay tuned for more updates. Don't forget to vote and comment. Hope you like this chapter.💜

~K.M.