Chapter 3

THIRD PERSON

I was so close to completing my mission. If things only go accordingly to my plan. But no! He just had to ruin it for me. He always ruins everything for me. Now I had to start all over again. I had to think of a better plan this time, I know he's smart but not as smart as me. He thinks I was only aiming for his dearest but I got a few tricks up my sleeves yet. I am going to hurt him when he least expected it. I am going to make it more personal and more cruel than he can ever think of me doing.

AMELIA

I'm at my house right now preparing some breakfast for me and Pop Pop. Growing up, he'd always been the one who's there for me, took care of me. Always ready to do everything just to make me happy. We barely got to spend some quality time together because of my job. He knows my job being dangerous and he sometimes worry a lot whenever I went on missions. But I kept reminding him that I will always be okay and that I will always comeback safe and sound. That's the least I could do for him right now for everything that he's done for me. He is the most caring person that you'll probably ever know. Whenever I'm sad or feeling lonely thinking about my parents, he would always tell me stories about them, about how they love me so much and that they will do anything and everything for me. How I've always been a papa's girl. I can't help but wonder sometimes what it would be like to have a complete happy family. To have a father and a mother. This is one of the reason why I chose to become an agent. I promise myself that when I get older I would find my parents and hope that we could be a family again. But until now I still have no luck finding them and I'm starting to lose hope every single day and time that had passed without any clues or evidences.

"You're thinking again Amelia?" Pop Pop said interrupting my thoughts. I just smiled at him softly and shake my head.

"Good morning Pop Pop, come here sit down I made breakfast it's your favorite" I said smiling at him widely.

"You know you didn't have to do these right?" he said looking at me.

"But we barely got time to hang out, so I thought why not make some of your favorites today? And besides, I wanted to say thank you for always looking out for me" I said to him softly.

"You missed them" he only said before digging in with his breakfast. I sighed and took a seat across the table facing him.

"You know I always do, I will always missed them and I will always keep thinking about them" I said poking the food on my plate.

"And that's why I am always worried about you when it comes to you parents, because I know that you know that you just suddenly shut down whenever you failed to find them, you're always sad and that's what I'm worried about Amelia it's not healthy especially for you" he said. I looked at him and saw the sincerity in his eyes.

"You know I won't stop till I find them Pop Pop you know I won't, everytime I tried and failed just keeps me more determined on finding the both of them" I said looking straight at him.

"But you're sad, you're always sad knowing that at the end of the day you got nothing on them, but always know this, you never failed Amelia never, you only think you failed because you didn't find them but it's totally the other way around. It's the people you are looking for, they are failing you because they didn't wanted to be found. They failed you by not being there all those years ago. Your parents Amelia, it's them and I am so sorry I hadn't been there for you" he said sadly and reach for my hand.

"Stop blaming yourself please, none of these is your fault, just like you said it's on them. Never ever blame yourself for the things you didn't do, it's not your fault they chose to disappear years ago, you didn't do anything wrong" I said then stood up and walked towards Pop Pop and hugged him. Tears started streaming down my face while he just hug me tightly. We stayed like that for a whole minute before we broke apart.