Chapter 2: A Wrong Kind Of Entanglement!

F/A - Favorite Alcohol 

Y/N's Pov.

I was walking down a bridge, thinking about ways to spend the rest of my day before I caught something moving out of the corner of my in the distance. "What the hell?" I mumbled as I ran to a built-in telescope and inserted 25 cents into the coin slot, "What the fuck? Oh, it's just you Shiro." I said, heaving a sigh as I moved the telescope everywhere Shiro jumped, and judging by what she was holding it looked like some satchel but what was more important was the item in the satchel which was stolen.

She stopped at a ledge and she reached into the satchel and unbuckled the flap and opened it, pulling out what looked like something shiny, but after registering its shape, it was a diamond that she moved left and right while grinning at it before putting it back into her satchel and locking the flap, resuming jumping from building to building. "What a gal." I sighed, pushing myself away from the telescope, not bothering to try and stop her because she was practically too far from where I was. "You'll never learn at all, will you?" I asked her as I watched her jump from one rooftop to another.

"Meh, she'll come around, she'll probably play dumb when I ask her about it, that or she'll just give it back and play it off like it never happened. Knowing her, she'll just play some prank on me that she gave it to a fencer and she doesn't have it. Typical Shiro." I said, knowing this isn't the first time Shiro pulled this kind of crap. "But seriously, where do I go to today? The pub or the park?" I asked myself while resting my arms on the railing of a bridge, the sound of the river underneath helped me somehow make my decision up.

(Timeskip)

"Ugh..." A drunkard groaned as he rested on the floor with a bruised and bloodied face, and I just leaned my back against the railing of the bar countertop, holding a pint of F/A with blood covering my knuckles. "So, what did you learn?" I asked him and he just nodded his head and fell unconscious. "That's what I thought!" I laughed along with a few other patrons laughing along with me. "So Gus, how much do I owe you?" I asked the bartender as I reached for my wallet to pay for the broken glass I smashed against his head but Gus stopped me, "Ah put your money away boss! Winners drink free." He said, pointing at the sign above that said those that win get to drink for free but only for one night.

"Oh well in that case--" I chugged down my whole F/A. "Looks like someone shouldn't be drinking on a school night!" Gus chuckled, and I knew he was talking about the agency. Truth is, Gus is an old friend of Mr.Banker, and Mr.Banker sometimes brought me here because he didn't like to drink alone, and because I was also a little kid at the time he didn't drink as much.

"So, what's next on the agenda?" Gus asked me with a hardy chuckle mixed with a merry grin, he knew about me being appointed as the new director of the agency because he was an old friend of Mr.Banker. "Not much. I'm pretty much just trying to make it a better place for everyone just like how Mr.Banker did, I mean, don't get me wrong but I guess trying is the thought that counts, you know?" I asked Gus who nodded as he refilled my cup to which I drank the whole thing again, and because I've grown somewhat resistant to alcohol, the effects didn't kick in just yet, it was mostly because of a drug enhancement that the agency gave me in case a spy tried to knock me out cold with a roofie. 

"Well, I better get going, otherwise the others are gonna start wondering where the hell I am!" I laughed as I grabbed my coat and throw it on, waving goodbye at Gus and everyone else in the bar who waved back at me with a smile as I left the pub. "Now? Where to? Oh right, home." I said, calling the agency my 'Home' instead of its usual moniker because, again, it was the only home I had, aside from the orphanage where I grew up in.

"Man am I beat." I yawned, popping my back while I walked down the street, but as I did I turned down a long alley beside me, taking in the dim lights in it, but at the end stood the large Royal Jewel Institute, a hall that guards the most valuable jewels in all of 1273 Rockefeller City.