Chapter 5.

I don't know what happened last night. I'd last gone for a drive like five years back because if I travel more than 2 km, I feel like throwing up. I have travelling sickness. That is the reason we haven't been abroad anywhere for vacation. My mom drives me for school and I do some groceries or while going to the mall.
Usually I keep myself engaged by listening to music or by reading a book to pass the time. Last night as I was with the love of my life, so that kept me going.
Today morning, I woke up with a body temperature of 106 degree.
I couldn't lift myself from my bed. I texted my mum and she came running upstairs.
"OH MY GOSH!! WHAT HAPPENED?!"
I told her in a very very very low tone, "Fever" Mum touched my forehead and my neck and felt the heat.
"You have to see a doctor."
"But I can't miss school!!" I yelled with my sore throat.
Mum called the doc and the doc gave me some medicine and told me to rest. Same old prescription "Don't get out of bed. Take complete rest and don't drink anything cold."
I missed school. We were supposed to get our math results today.
Mum brought the TV upstairs and I watched all the series of Cristela, New Adventures of Old Cristine....and wonder what else.
I checked the time, it was 2:56. School just got over. I wondered how I had performed in math.
"I wonder if anyone noticed I was absent." I thought.
"Of course not! People dont even know I exist!" I said to myself.
Mum had taken a leave from work to take care of me.
I slept for three hours at a strech and when I woke up, I found Mike at the foot of my bed with his hand on my ankle.
"Mike?!"
____________________________________
Mike's P.O.V
School was great! I scored an A in math and thanks to Jess for her amazing trick in algebra but I wonder where she is. Jess never missed school, I couldn't see her today. I hope she is all right.
I went to her house today and found oit that she is suffering from high fever and sore throat infection.
"That's sad. Umm...can I see her?" I aksed her mum.
"I think she is sleeping but you can wait in her room if you want." She said so I went upstairs and found her sleeping in her bed, all wrapped up like a burrito.
I smiled. She looked very beautiful. Her glasses lay on the side table with a lot of medicine bottles and capsules.
I sat at the foot of her bed and kept looking at her. The rhythmic breathing felt like she was singing a song. Her lips were pursed tightly together and her eyelashes lay perfectly closed. Man, she is beautiful.
I felt something for her. I wanted to keep her close to me and protect her. I never felt anything like this for any of my previous girlfriends. Only Jessica.
She was like sleeping beauty. I wanted to wake her up and tell her that I am here but nope. She looked so comfy and sound. I put my hand on her ankle and rubbed it slightly.
She moved a little bit and Uh Oh! I woke her up.
"Mike?!"
"Um...hi!" I said.
"How long have you been here?'
"Sometime. How are you feeling?"
"Oh. Its not getting worse or getting better. Its under control. I feel terrible though. What made you come here?" She asked me.
"You weren't at school today. You never miss school. I was worried. I got your math paper. You scored an A!!"
She cupped her hands to her mouth and stared at me for a while and then asked, "how much did you get?!"
"An A!!!!" I said. She seemed way too much happy with my marks.
We talked for hours and then I left. I had a very good feeling about us. Jessica. Yup. I think I am falling for her.

A/N: HEY!! SORRY IF THE CHAPTER IS TOO SHORT. I WILL TRY TO MAKE IS LONGER NEXT TIME.
PLEASE LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, VOTE AND RECOMMEND.
THANK YOY GUYS!!