Chapter 8

Where is Mike?!

________________________________

MIKE'S POV

As I left the house to go to my car, I realized I ran out of oil. "Dammit! How can I forget this?! Best birthday evver. Late on the first day of the week! Mike is so proud of you Mike." I cried as I kicked the tire in frustration.

The nearest petrol station was 2 miles away and there was no way I was going that far.

Running out of any means of going to school by a vehicle and today, I started walking. Aunt Stacy had to take a leave today. Great!

As I was walking, I bumped into a mail man. The mail man was really young. Probably younger than me.

"S-sorry. I am so sorry, sir." He said, as he hurried to pick me up.

"Are you all right?" I asked him.

"Yes sir. Thank You. Are you?" He replied.

"I am fine. You dropped this." I give him a small pack but before I handed it to him, I saw my name on it.

"- wait, that's my name. Which house is it delivered to?" I asked him.

"Umm....let me check. 4th Alley, Downtown, America."

"That's mine." I saw smiling. It was probably my parent's present.

"O-Okay sir. Please sign here." He requested as he forwared a board with a lot of names and signatures on it.

I quickly signed it and put the parcel in it.

I was really, really happy.

Who'd go to school on such a day?

___________________________________

I opened the pack as I took a bite into my burger.

O'Donalds. Probably the best place on earth and I always wonder why people still dont know about it. Believe me, if you taste the food of this place, you will feel luckier than Cloudy. (Reference to Cloudy with a Chance.)

A mobile. Wow. What I had expected. It was an iPhone 6 plus Gold. Yayy!

I quickly switched it on and as soon as I had done that, I got a message on my old phone from my mom saying -

Hi Honey! Happy Birthday! Hope you like your present. Check the photos for a surprise!!

Bye! We love you!

I have always hated surprises. It was because, I got landed in so much loneliness. I still remember that night,

I was six years old, and on one night, my parents called me to talk after dinner.

They told me that Dad had a wonderful opportunity to work under the Sheikhs in the Middle East and they had to go. I was happy. For a six year old, travelling was always fun. I asked them which school I would be studying in and where we will stay, but then they told me that only they were going. I was shocked but I didn't know what to do.

"Stay with your Aunt Stacy here. We don't want to expose you to a very different environment. You will go to the school your aunt teaches in and you will grow up to be a very brave and courageous young man." Saying this, they dropped me at Aunt Stacy's and left.

I am not one of the crying types who think about their dreadful past and start flooding the room; but I always find my eyes watery after thinking about my past.

I had not seen my parents till then. I only have a some photos of us on vacay, or in the zoo or in our house. My parents were very young then.

I opened the photos and saw a video there. I tapped on it and it was a video recorded by my parents. My mum was sitting on a couch next to my father who was also smiling. They looked much older and different. My mum's hair had started to turn grey while my dad had lost a lot of hair.