~ wonderful luck ~

Ava's POV:

I take the piece of paper that I found laying on the ground, to my surprise, I find a mobile number written on the note. I wonder who it may be from but something in me tells me to call that number.

But I step back, knowing it's not the best option to call a random stranger's personal number, well so I think. I grab the note making a very impulsive decision and I run to my backpack hanged on the hook at the staff only room. I dial the number to the ''phone'' app on my phone. No-one picks up. I call once again and again no-one picked up. Disappointed, almost stepping out of the room, my phone rings. 🎶

I run back to my very sparkly black backpack and I grab my phone from it. I answer the phone and I say ''hello''. A very deep but familiar male voice answers the phone ''hey, may I know who's calling''. 

''Oh. OH. sorry, do I have the wrong number?''

''I won't be able to answer  that question unless I know who this is.'' he replies.

''my apologies, I'm Ava-'' I get interrupted from my words.

My boss wakes into the staff only room and pushes me out of the room shouting at my lack of work in the bakery, and that I'm on my phone the whole entire time I'm at work (obviously a lie) while the others do all the work, he pushes me to the dishes counter, and forces me to wash the dishes as a ''punishment''. All that caused me to cut the call with the person.

Coincidence or not? ,you tell me. You see, I've set my phone app to clear the ''recent calls'' page every two weeks, according to my terrible luck this is bound to happen.. Yeah. It cleared all the numbers including his. Isn't my luck wonderful? 

AND the piece of paper which I got from the ground, I threw it away, so basically I've lost everything I had to contact him.  

I don't know why I was getting so upset over a stranger. It just felt so weird, I've never once in my whole 16 years of my life, felt this disappointed in myself because I lost every way I had to contact this cute stranger that gave me silent butterflies every time he came to the bakery I worked in.

You might be wondering how I understood that the number I found was of that guy, well, his voice duh. I'm not THAT stupid.

While my brain is filled with all these thoughts mixed with disappointment and anger, I doing the ''punishment' ' my so-called boss gave me.

I take my gloves off and wipe my wet hands with a towel. I let out a big sigh and try to forget about what happened.

The time's now 2pm and I'm sitting here taking people's orders while I'm broken inside. 

After my shift I head home, wondering if he'd ever call me back.

I get to my bed and lay down to take short nap, which ended up being almost 5 hours.

''I feel better already, maybe destiny doesn't want me to be happy.'' I sigh.

I get out of my blanket and grab my phone from my backpack that I left on the floor, to my surprise, I have a missed call from a familiar number...

xxxxx

very short, ik, but I hope you like this one, also expect cliff hangers lol, and this isn't gonna be the ''person'' you think is calling hahahaha. - anna <3