The Boy that Works in the Back

"Don't forget to smile and greet the customer, Blue, don't carry on an entire conversation... again." The small Skeleton clipped on his nametag. "IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN, I'LL REFRAIN FROM MAKING TOO MUCH CONVERSATION, MR. RODGERS." His starry eyelights looked up to meet his manager's and to say that his manager didn't believe him was an understatement. "You've only worked here a week, yet me, Isa, Blackberry, Billy, and Dream all had to pull you off the register to get you to stop talking to the customers! This is a restaurant, not a social room." Blue laughed nervously. "I TRULY AM SORRY, AND I PROMISE, THIS TIME I REALLY WILL REFRAIN! I NEED THIS JOB TO PAY MY INTUITION.." College was where Blue wanted to be. He needed his associates to get into the police academy. "You better or I'll put you in back with Killer." Blue nodded, slightly confused. How was that a punishment? Killer was quiet, sure, and extremely hard to read, but he didn't seem like a bad Skeleton. Yet every time Mr. Rodgers threatened that when someone was acting up, they would stop. But what did he know, he was the new guy.

💝💝💝

"-THEN UNDYNE'S HOUSE BURNED TO THE GROUND AND BOTH UNDYNE AND THE HUMAN HAD TO STAY AT OUR HOUSE UNTIL UNDYNE'S PLACE GOT FIXED UP, BUT THAT'S OK! YOU KNOW, UNDYNE IS TRYING TO GET INTO THE POLICE ACADEMY TOO, SHE SAYS IT'S BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. SHE'S ALWAYS HAD A STRONG SENSE OF JUSTICE-"
"blue! what are you doing?" Chef demanded. "WELL I WAS TAKING AN ORDER AND THIS PERSON ASKED ME WHAT I KNEW ABOUT FIRE AND SO I STARTED TELLING THEM ABOUT MY, WELL UNDYNE'S EXP-"
"so you're not doing your job." He lashed a noodle at Blue, tying him up as he dragged him away from the register. "HAVE A GOOD DAY!" Blue called to the customer. He was pulled to the back of the restaurant where the supply was kept. "why don't you stay back here and inventory. if it's bad, write it down and throw it away. If it's good, write it down and put it back. capiche?" Blue nodded. "ISN’T KILLER BACK HERE?" Chef was already walking away. "have fun!" Blue blinked and went to the first shelf to inventory what was on it.

💝💝💝

"get into trouble." A voice asked once Blue got halfway through the shelf. "YEP. I GOT CARRIED AWAY TALKING TO THE CUSTOMERS AGAIN." All Blue got was a "hm" in response. "I TAKE IT YOU'RE KILLER. HI, I'M BLUE!" He greeted happily. "IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU!" Killer didn't respond back, but that was ok because he might just be having a bad day, being alone back here and all. "NOT MUCH OF A TALKER, HUH?" Blue asked as he looked among the shelves for the mysterious Skeleton. Again, no response. "KILLER?"
"you talk too much." Was the immediate response, coming from just behind the fifth shelf of restaurant supplies. "I GET THAT A LOT." Blue walked around the bend to get a faceful of black fabric. He sputtered and backed up and away from Killer. He never realized how tall Killer was. He was an entire foot taller than Blue. Blue looked up at his coworkers face. Killer tilted head and quirked a brow. He knew what came next. Shock and fear, then they'd avoid him and he'd be alone again. It's not like he cared. It's not like he COULD care. Blue blinked. "I'M SORRY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO RUN INTO YOU! ARE YOU OK?" Killer stared at Blue. "... you're a weird one, aren't you."