Blue's Bad Day

It was another quiet day at work, but Killer knew it wasn't supposed to be. Blue had come in quiet, head low, feet dragging. Something was obviously wrong with the little guy. It wasn't Killer's thing to, y'know, do feelings. Express feelings, and especially ask about another's feelings, but he was genuinely worried and he was struggling to push that down. So how did he help Blue out without doing feelings? He glanced at the little Skeleton who was having troubles focusing on the task. "go home blue." Blue looked up at Killer with dim white pinpricks rather than the usual stars. "No, no, I'm fine. I can work." He then went back to inventoring. Killer frowned. That wasn't the Blue he knew at all. "..." What should Killer say? He didn't know how to handle these situations. Why the hell was he even worrying about it anyway? He and Blue were in total different leagues. Blue was just like... no he wasn't. He wasn't like Outer at all. He genuinely wanted to be Killer's friend and maybe... just maybe Killer could give Blue a chance. That started with Killer checking on his... friend(?)

💝💝💝

"blue, stop." Blue shook his head stubbornly. "No, I can work!" He insisted. "blue." Killer had come up behind him and grabbed his shoulder, spinning the smaller to face him. He then caged Blue in like that with his arms, blackened sockets boring into Blue's. Well, they weren't entirely black, his left eyelight was flickering as he stared a tired looking Blue down. "what's wrong blue. talk to me. please." Blue looked genuinely surprised. "I... am worrying you that much..?" Killer hesitated and nodded. "yes. what happened." Blue smiled a little. Killer was worried. The 'emotionless' Skeleton was worried. For him. "It's nothing bad, I just didn't get much sleep last night." Killer tilted his head. "why." Blue blinked and sighed. "my brother was having a bad day and went to the bar. I don't like to go to bed until I know he's safe and sound, so I ended up staying up all night trying to call him, going through different bars to find him, worrying... and when I did find him he was very drunk, so it took longer to get him home and to bed.. he never talks to me, Kills... I get so scared.." Blue looked down at his feet.

💝💝💝

Killer made up his mind. He couldn't help Blue out with his brother, he was barely figuring out himself let alone family issues. But he could help Blue out here and now. Blue made a noise as Killer picked him up and headed deeper into the storage room. In the way back was an old futon, odd as that was. Killer placed Blue on it and sat down himself. "get some rest. than we can discuss what to do about your brother."
"But-" Killer pulled Blue down and into his lap were Blue proceeded to become a smurf. "rest. we won't get caught. i'll wake you up for lunch." Blue's sockets drooped as he yawned. "Why are you.... being nice........ all of a sudden..?" Killer hummed. "isn't that what friends do? help each other out? you helped me with my problem, let me return the favor." Blue recalled Outer. Oh. Was he what this was about? "Thank you.... Killer...... good........ night...." Killer smiled a bit. "goodnight blue, you're welcome." He responded quietly as Blue drifted off.