Chapter Twelve: The Skiff

Mal looked up at the rest of the group, the people who had spared his life. "So what's your plan?" He asked them, his plan was just to go out there, and shoot the General, but that didn't seem to be the right tactic.

Mal didn't stand a chance against the General, but he was blinded by his love for Alina and was willing to do anything for her.

"Get clear of the Fold. Get off the skiff." Kaz said, not even thinking about it. Those were the first thoughts that came to his mind and he wasn't going to think of anything else.

"And to free Alessia," Inej added, sending a look to Kaz, who didn't realize Alessia's present predicament. 

Jesper nodded, putting his gun away as he stared up at the deck where Alessia and Alina were tied, their legs attached to the deck. He could see Alessia and Alina sticking side-by-side, but he wasn't sure of what she was planning.

Alessia was wearing a dark blue dress while her sister was wearing a white one, they looked similar. Alessia's hair was put up in a bun, no longer drifting in the wind, and so was her sister's. Alessia held hands with her sister, holding on tightly as they face the Darkling. She knew that she was stuck, and she wasn't going to try and escape.

"Aleks... do you have an amplifier too?" Alessia wondered and Alina glanced over at her sister, confused about why she was talking to the man who was doing this to him.

The Darkling turned around to face the younger girl. "I do." He showed his hand to the two Starkov girls, revealing the amplifier he had. "You are not alone." He assured her, but she already knew she wasn't alone. 

She had her sister.

"They want to see what the two of you can do." Aleksander smiled at the two of them. The two girls shared a look before nodding, they weren't going to be controlling the Fold now, that was what he was hinting at.

Lights surrounded the group for a minute and applause echoed before Alessia and Alina took the lights back in.

The skiff stopped causing Alessia and Alina to share a look. Alessia stepped forward in front of Alina in a protective manner, even though she was the younger sister, she believed that she had the most experience. 

Inej eyes widened, staring at the predicament. "What is he doing?" She wondered out loud, full of worry for her friend.

Kaz raised his hand up, shushing her as he heard the General begin to speak. "One more demonstration. You've seen what my Sun Summoners can do. Now bear witness to what I can do with their power."

"More?" Jesper wondered out loud.

Aleksander, grabbed Alessia forcing him towards her as he used their power to expand the fold, moving it towards the target. Alina grabbed her sister's hand with a sad look on her face, "Together." She nodded, contributing to the chaos that surrounded them, the two believed that they had no choice but to do what he asked. 

Gasps and screams filled the air as the occupants and overlies on the ship had seen what he was forcing the Sun Summoners to do. 

"What have you done?" Alina gasped at the chaos Aleksander had caused and all the life he was bound to take in the process.

"Alessia." Jesper stated, under the trap walking out as he was ready to leave to help her, his instinct was to run out and save her from the Darkling, but he was stopped, "Wait." Kaz stopped him, "We wait." Kaz nodded, that was his plan, to wait for all of the chaos out. 

"Kaz. You can hear him slaughtering a city!" Inej exclaimed, "We can get to Alessia, I know we can."

"You understand the scale of his power then? Good." Kaz replied, glaring at Mal.