f o u r

"You brat! Why did you say that?!"

Jeongin yelped when his mother dragged him out by the ear. Jungwon just watched in amusement after closing the door. He leaned on the wall and chuckled, "That's why we don't meet people right after we wake up."

"Shut the fuck up–"

"Language!" the woman pulled his ear more. Jeongin hissed in pain. "I brought her to your room because you're the oldest and more matured than your brother over there to treat her properly because she is not from here. I didn't ask you to act like this?"

Hearing that, Jungwon dramatically gasped, "Mom!"

"Go wash yourself and prepare food for her. And apologise!"

"She threw the wood at me."

"It was a bolster."

"It still feels like a wood," Jeongin argued back and quickly backed away from getting his ears pulled again. "She needs to apologise as well." then he ran into the kitchen. The mother let out a sigh while massaging her temples. She glanced to her youngest child but Jungwon quickly looked away and whistled.

"Can I go out again, mom?"

"Stay here and help me with the girl."

Aeri fiddled with her fingers as she went out from the room. The old, pink floral dress covered her from the shoulders level to toe. It felt weird for wearing this baggy dress in such a hot temperature house. The girl looked around to search for a fan but they only have it in the living room.

"Lovely, my dear." the woman's voice startled her. Aeri hesitantly nodded before noticing three men at the dining table. One must be the father, one who she fought with earlier while another one must be the youngest with the huge smile plastered on his face.

"Have you eaten?" the smiley face asked, earning rolling eyes from the grumpy one. Aeri timidly shook her head no. She spotted the plate and rice prepared at the vacant seat but are they going to watch me eat???

"I've prepared you lunch, dear. It is not much but please, have that stomach filled." the mother gestured her to sit. "And you, boys, let her eat alone, don't make her uncomfortable and don't leave this house until I say so."

"Noted, ma'am!" Jungwon firmly stood and made a salute hand, receiving soft chuckles from the mother. He then excused himself to his room.

he's weird, thought Aeri.

"And you, Jeongin?"

"I have nowhere to go," said boy muttered bitterly. "I don't want to lay on the same bed she has laid."

"Jeongin,"

"I'll just stay here." he leaned back and eyed the girl. His mother could not do anything so she let them be. If Aeri could, she would snatch the plate and run inside of his room to eat there instead. She did not understand why this guy would sit at the same table as hers when their introduction moment clearly showed they despised each other.

The mother left to the kitchen. Jeongin boringly played two sticks in his hand and sometimes knocking them on the wooden table. Aeri ate with her side facing him. She could not imagine sitting face-to-face with the guy while eating. The noise he made of course irked her, but she was too hungry to care.

how long did i pass out last night? and how did i arrive here...?

As long as she remembered, she was with Minho. Her eyebrows furrowed when realising the man was not with her. Aeri looked around and asked, "Where's Minho?"