My Death and the Deal

Y/n Pov:

Having lived a normal life and then suddenly dying in a freak accident in your workplace is weird to say the least.

Death by getting a headshoot from some broken of pice of metal from a milling cutter.

Yeah, that was my reaction too the moment I heard a weird rumour that actually came out of nowhere in my workplace. After all were I work are less than 25 people, myself included.

It was a one in a quadrillion chance that that would happen to you or someone in you entire family tree. So like I said it, a weird rumour that came out of nowhere.

Thing is it happened to me.

And now I am literally nowhere. When  I died I expected to go to Hell for waring reasons and if I would be lucky enough the gates of Heaven or some kind of other afterlive.

Reason why I, a atheist, started to believe in gods is simple. The moment I died I felt that something is leaving me. Well i guess it was the other way around that I, my soul, was leaving my body but that wasn't all.

Pain. After I left my now dead body behind I was just floating in the air til something grabbed me and took me into the nothingness that I currently call my home.

Torment. I just waited for something to happen. Till something did happen.

It came out of no were, lasted just 3.5 seconds. A small moment so to speak but it felt like three and half ETERNITY'S. To put it into numbers take 1 day meaning 24 hours times 500 quadrillion and that times 3.5, then slow down time so that 1 second equals 5 days and now you have the approximate amount of time that I thinking I was in soul tearing pain I was in.

I mean the word soul tearing pain literally. Reason why? Simple, because it was. I felt that something was taken away from me, no not something but memories of my past live together with my feelings. Now that I think about it it was more to being cleaned from my past so I can go to a new live as a blank state. But at some point it suddenly stopped and now I am in some kind of limbo? Void? Whatever.

So her I am waiting to go insane out of boredom till it showed up.

The crimson Dragon

The crimson Dragon
.
.
.
...Well now I know what is going on.

Just a few seconds ago I said that I was being cleaned from my past live right? It seems the religion who preaches about reincarnation was right, at least somewhat.

The moment someone dies he or she gets picked up, then they get striped of their personality or being cleaned, meaning everything that makes you you, and the now clean souls go into a new live.

Unless a divine being Stopps that process like God's, angels and all the other.

And now to my current situation and "talk?" with the dragon. It simply roared once and with it came some kind of understanding what it wants from me.

Y/n"So let me get this straight: you want to reincarnate me into the yu-gi-oh world and my mission is to basically help Yusei and all the other signer, right? Just one question why me? It has been years since I last saw the show from my world and not just that I'm not even that good when it comes down to it. Yes I can use all of the summoning methods that are currently available from my world but those are just the mere basic ones. Basic tactics that are available to everyone. So again my question: why me?"

Once again a single roar with meaning which I somehow understand with mixed success. What I did understood was:

1: I was somehow the only one available. Out of millions of Humans that die every day that sounds like bullshit.

2: I have the right mindset for the job. Again that sounds like a very bad joke because I would rather not have any kind of responsibility on me.

3: It was ether becoming part of the signer or being the eternal chew toy for the Duel spirit's who pray on human soul's.

...Yeah I had a feeling I couldn't get around the deal/ forceful employment.

Y/n:"What do you want me to do? I need to know that. Because I am pretty certain you would not reincarnate me out of good karma or something like that right?"

For the third time I heard a roar coming from the dragon together with the knowledge of what it wants with me.

It wants me to protect the signer's from something? As far as I could understand the dragon what I watched back when 5D came to TV was not the entire story of them. After all the Earthbound Immortal's can be considered evil. Well, more like beings who enjoy destruction. That means, unlike in the show, they WILL send more than one dark signer after the chosen one's.

My reaction to that was a prompt:"Fuck"

So here I was with a offer I couldn't resist/ refuse to protect the defender of the world.